Bondo Alternative????

Fuzzual

Hunter
Newbie here with more questions:eek: I am wondering if any of you have found a bondo alternative. I am having a heck of a time working with the stuff. perhaps its my inexperience, no, I am sure it is my inexperience, but I am wondering if there might be a better product out there? Let me know if you can. Thanks!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was attempting to use it on this "first" attempt at a jet pack. I had read a few threads about using bondo to fill in the gaps. I was hoping it would help smooth out the spaces before painting.

what are you trying to do with the bondo? there's no way to tell you what else might work if we don't know what you're working on.

Jetpack.jpg

If you're trying to fill in seams, I would just use Bondo spotting and glazing putty. It fills in seams and gaps like a charm and can be dry or wet sanded smooth. You can pick it up in tubes at Wal-Mart for a couple bucks. I always refer to it as the "red" stuff because it is...well...red!

Pack looks pretty awesome, by the way!

Kody

looks like a pretty big gap to fill with bondo. It will probably add some weight too. Couple suggestions: CA glue a small piece of plastic inside to act as a floor and fill on top of that, or go to HomeDepot buy some expanding foam in a can, squirt some in there near the top to help support the bondo.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back