New Member Intro Post

wet sheep

New Hunter
Hello all, I am new to the site, however I have been looking around some of the threads for several months. I have made a few costumes for various halloween projects however my work is nothing near the craftsmanship of some of the projects I've seen here. I would like to eventually build an arc trooper (I own a vacuform kit of a clone trooper, have yet to modify and assemble) and Iron Man armor. I build furniture as a hobby using dove tail and mortising techniques and avoiding nails, screws, etc. I enjoy making things and would like to begin working on some armor. Any advice would help. Thanks!

Welcome, Wet Sheep!

Best advice is to research your project by reading up as much as you can on this site, and ask questions if there's anything you don't understand, stay away from ebay, and read the tutorials and WiP's.

Good luck - I'm just about to embark on putting an ARC together myself!

ive been doing that for quite some time now, thank you very much for the advice!

Ive been wanting to do an ARC for a while, as soon as i finish some furniture projects i plan to get started. ill post pictures when i get into it a bit.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back