My attempted helmet tutorial

aero

Active Hunter
Hi All,

i have been meaning to post pics of my boba helmet but, with one thing and another never got round to it.
I've been taking photo's of the my step by step process and wanted to post them up all at one time.

Disaster struck and I've lost all my photo's of the build.
i was carrying my external hard drive and i dropped it, the drive been dead ever since, i can hear it spinning and it makes loud clonking noises very so often.
(Now i know why they say back up my back up)

I started this project very early last year and had amassed quite a few pic's to make a tutorial.
Anyway trying not to think about it, maddens me when i think about it.

I suppose this will give me an excuse to start a new one :)

I made my helmet out of large 25 litre paint tub's,
and used a kid's sized crash helmet to make the dome

Everything you see is made of plastic.

Alan "WOF" thank's for all you help and for making these templates

let me know what you guy's thinks.

Jason

DSCF1271copy.jpg

DSCF1276.jpg

DSCF1273.jpg

DSCF1272.jpg

DSCF1285copy.jpg

DSCF1277.jpg

WOW:eek::eek: that is a great piece of work you have there and a great scratch build. Now all you need to do is get some paint on that bad boy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks awesome. The bar has been set very high once again. I agree with deadland. Get some paint on it!!! Sorry to hear about your photos, I would have loved to have seen them.

Looks boss!!!.. Its amazing to me how people manage stuff using every day materials.. I,am about to start painting my helmet and im eager to see how you do yours and well..er.. copy you..

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back