Stormtroopar Armor

PEEL is correct, go to whitearmor.net, and like I tell new people here, read, read, read. It's not as tough as a Fett to make, but you can learn tricks to make it more comfortable to wear, how to do helmet electronics.

That's where I learned my TK stuff. I became an "Elite" Trooper, but now they call it Expert Infantryman Status. Basically, it helps you achieve the goal of being as screen accurate as possible. I followed the guidelines just so that I wouldn't screw anything up, but I wound up meeting the criteria. It's a nice pat on the back for a job well done, very much like the encouragement and appreciation you get here on TDH.

The people there as just as helpful as here, in fact you'll bump into some of the same guys and gals.

Good luck Trooper !

Last edited by a moderator:
What Timmer and the guys said. whitearmor.net is the place for all the info you need on how to put the different makes together and to get info on what to get and from who.

You'll be amongst us "elites" in no time bro:)

I'm not going to fire up another recasting debate, there are enough of them already.

But, I can't remember TE2 ever being under suspected of recasting. I know he was recasted by Piratetrooper (DavetheDane). But I never heard of TE2 being accused of recasting other than the everlasting quarrel of who owns thas and that mold.

I haven't been active on the FISD for a while, so I don't know if this has become an issue as of late though.

AP is great, but it doesn't fit well over 6'1" without modification i hear.

FX can be made to fit anyone...of course it is highly inaccurate. Still, it is 501st acceptable and just as recognizable as anything else.

TE2 and AP would be the best quality though if you can fit them...and only a few hundred bucks more for the set over FX. Definitely worth it for a quality suit.

www.whitearmor.net is your pal for this

TE sold his ANH molds to TE2, so he is not a recaster, and a great guy to boot!

and i agree, AP or TE2would be your best bet. i have AP and love it!

New here, but long time TK junkie.
TE2 isn't recast, but has been recast a bit of late.
As an owner of both AP and TE2 kits, I would say AP is more durable, but TE2 is more detailed. TE2 also slightly cheaper and a great guy too.

Durability is the key here imho, and I would pick AP over TE2 any day when I see the cracks in my fellow troopers' armour. Having to fix cracks every time your armour has been packed and handled isn't fun. I love my AP, and even if the details are a little bit softer, I can trust that it's still in one piece when I open my trunk. I had a bad meeting with asfalt and got away with only a scratch at my handplate!

AP shins and arm pieces are the same for both sides, no left and right. It does not feel "wrong" when you wear them, the pieces fit both sides well. And I think it's nice to not have to pay attention to which piece I put where (as long as the knee pad is on the correct leg, of course). :lol:

All good tips on the reading the boards. These are fans for the fans. I am looking to possibly trade my Armor FX TK armor for a good start on an ESB Fett. Feel free to PM for any interest.

example of an AP kit...

picture.php

very strong and durable... the kit does have one problem: you will have to rework the left outer calf piece as it is not shaped correctly. Other than that it is a great kit. I found this one for sale partially assembled right here in the cargo hold. Doesn't happen often, but if you take your time you might come across a great deal at one of the costuming sites.

very strong and durable... the kit does have one problem: you will have to rework the left outer calf piece as it is not shaped correctly. Other than that it is a great kit.

for AP suits the butt plate is inaccurate as well... it should be two seperate pieces, and there should be a ridge on each piece... which isn't there, so you'll have to make do. You'll also need to buy rubber hand plates and gloves (if your going ANH), and canvas material for the belt. The aerators also will need to be replaced with accurate Hovi-Mix PA2 mic tips.

It is great, pretty accurate, an durable set. TE2 I believe was derived from the same molds as the AP, but AP reworked the molds to clean it up a bit.

Some of the "bumpiness" that the TE2 has (some people may see as more detail) is actually not accurate to the movie, but was rather a distortion to the molds over time. I believe the TE2 kits do have the ridge on the butt and back plate as well.

both have their ups and down, but if you're planning on trooping in it, its best to get a AP, and modify it a bit.

Hmm I suggest the original TE armor if you can find someone who is willing to part with it. It is the most accurate and durable since it is made from thick ABS plastic.

Good Post part and most info correct. Both are Good Friend and I work with AP and yes I do have my own site. Good to hear Great things about AP Armor. Thanks But something to think about when getting armor,
1) How many time am I going to troop in it.
2) How long before I have to reair or replace it
3) How Close to 100% Movie Accurate do I want it to be
4) Cost The Bottom line.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back