Rimshot, please contact me!!

I've been noticing that Rimshot "dissapears" a lot recently. Then people get angry and start making bad posts about him. But he always resurfaces and gets his items out to the people that bought them.

My point is, give him some time.

I've gathered from a previous thread that he is going through some real life issues and has been shipping stuff out as he has the money to do so. I'm sure he will get everything he owes to everyone as soon as he can. Not trying to take his or anyone's side, just an observation. What kind of time frame are we talking about here?

Whew January....that's awhile, and a pretty big chunck of change as well. Not sure if you've read this thread or not, I would presume you have

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=32957

From his last response it sounds like his internet access is limited. This could be a cop-out, it could be for real. Speaking from experience, I've had my computer crash in the middle of being "the middleman" on a pretty good sized run of an item, so it very well could be the case. Not saying let him off the hook by any means, but take it for what it's worth. When outsourcing one person to put together an entire costume 9 months really isn't an unreasonable amount of time, but lack of communication is unreasonable, but real life happens too...

I know I'm not being much help...again I'm not trying to defend anyone, maybe just expose the other side. I also completely understand where you are coming from. That's alot of money to just go "poof"

Whew January....that's awhile, and a pretty big chunck of change as well. Not sure if you've read this thread or not, I would presume you have

Yeah, That thread is from back in July, and I've heard from him since then, but nothing in the last two weeks. He promised me two weeks ago that he'd ship another consignment last week and let me know, but I've heard squat.

lack of communication is unreasonable,

ABSOLUTELY!!!

That's alot of money to just go "poof"

Too true. Who's gonna explain to my two little girls that Daddy has lost a whole lotta money and that they're not actually gonna get to see Daddy dressed up like he told them?

I know people have problems, and I have been more than understanding with this guy. I even went through a similar situation a few years ago so I can understand, but when this has been going on for so long, and I've given him so much money up front, what the hell am I supposed to do???
He just won't answer my messages.
I even warned him a while back that if I didn't hear from him, then i would make his name public!!
I have given him chance after chance.

Anyone got any suggestions???

Nobby, I just sent him a PM on the Mercs site to come check this thread and included a link to this thread.

He just posted over there yesterday, so I know he is active on the net.

Hey Nobby,

I just got Novall's message. I havent been on TDH recently. Im sending you a PM now.

Thanks Novall for letting me know.

Just a thought: You can have the board automatically email you when you get a PM here...might be a good idea Rimshot. I don't know what's going on in Real Life for you, I'm sure you have a good and valid reason for all of it, but responding in a prompt manner to people goes a long way, maybe getting those emails will help.

Rimshot & his lfull load of BS.
I told you right away in your other thread that he was ripping you off & your stuff was long gone.
i support you man.

Rimshot & his lfull load of BS.
I told you right away in your other thread that he was ripping you off & your stuff was long gone.
i support you man.

I dont appreciate your attacking me, nor referring to a situation you dont even know about as being a load of BS.

Nobby knows what is going on, and that is what matters.

I dont appreciate your attacking me, nor referring to a situation you dont even know about as being a load of BS.

Nobby knows what is going on, and that is what matters.
What matters is you took this dude's money 9 months ago & haven't delivered on your end of the deal.
Regardless of what has transpired in your life, you still have obligations to fulfill.
Why don't you enlighten all of us as to why you haven't contacted him nor delivered the goods to Nobby in a timely manner?
If you are fully justified , I will absolutely apologize.

What matters is you took this dude's money 9 months ago & haven't delivered on your end of the deal.
Regardless of what has transpired in your life, you still have obligations to fulfill.
Why don't you enlighten all of us as to why you haven't contacted him nor delivered the goods to Nobby in a timely manner?
If you are fully justified , I will absolutely apologize.

The reasons why things have taken this long are extremely personal, and I do not feel comfortable sharing them with the open forum.

I did confide my situation to Nobby, and he understands as he went through a similar situation a few years ago.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back