My next project

TLobe00

Active Hunter
I finally started on my next project!!!

I'll post progress pics as I go along.

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Got the slots drilled and dremeled (could be cleaner, but hey this IS my first attempt)

Now onto the second one and getting the resin parts primered and put onto the tube.

Thanks for the comments Chucko!

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

Here is the unweathered finished version... they would have worked better had I had access to a drill press instead of just a hand drill, lol

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

Hey that's coming along nicely. The slots down the side of the barrel look uneven but like you said it was your first attempt. Are you going to do a run?

Although the barrel isn't entirely metal as the muzzle tip and power cell portions are from the resin kit, I'd be interested in a run... pending on price.

I've always wanted to match a metal barrel to my resin handles.

Yeah, I'd love to do a run once I perfect them, but I would need resin kits of the emitter and power cells as well as the handles, and since I have never molded it would be interesting, lol... plus recasting these would not be good ;)

I need to get a picture with the weathering, they look good, can't really tell the resin from the metal that much now :)

If I take care of the handles, emitter and power cell ends, what would you charge for just the barrels?

I've got two unused resin kits at a buddies house... he's been saving them for me. (y)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back