Best method of stencil-to-armor?

Ponte

Active Hunter
I'm looking for the most accurate technique when it comes to transfering a stencil outline to my armor. I used the tracing paper method of tracing the outline of the printed out damage, then tracing the BACK of that, and then finally tracing the other side so that it showed up on my helmet. While it was somewhat effective, I found that you never really get the TRUE shape since you're basically going over it 3 times.

I heard there were certain papers/sheets you could use that can transfer on almost EXACTLY to what you originally put down (be it a print out of a stencil, or tracing it from your computer screen).

What method do most of you pros out there use?

cut the stencil out and use the areosal glue to attach the stencil, then cut it out with a dremmel heat it a little and pull the stencil off.

I think superjedi did a tutorial on this. As I remeber you can use something like (uhm...what´s the english word....) bakingpaper? transparent paper at least:)

Draw the outlines onto it, then trace it with a soft pencil on the backside, flip it back again, position on helmet end rub... The lead from the tracing on the back will transfer to the helmet. Voilá!

Or you can just eyeball it straight onto the helmet/armor with maskol, that worked fine for me.

This was the exact tutorial I used when I first started out, but like I said, tracing, flipping over, then tracing again, then tracing back onto the helmet doesn't give you the most accurate image, but I did see something that might look like some help.

Post #8 by Madmartigan suggested something I earlier needed clarification on, and that was the graphite paper method. From the sounds of it, it seems like it'll get me truer outlines since it gets stenciled immediately.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Just picked up some supply at my local art store. I think I found a great way to stencil, and it'll be up in my Armor WIP posted later today.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back