Girth Belt Run!

Hi all TDH members!
I'm working on a Boba Fett SE and I have for long tryed to find a girth belt for the right price. But I haven't found any red ones... Or in right material to dye it.

So I have contacted a Swedish horse shop to see what they can do.
They sell an black girth belt (see picture) and I have asked them if they could make some red ones. And they told me that they will see what they can do.

But then I need your help...
1. I need someone to PM the right red collor on a collormap.
2. I must buy more then one belt or they won't make any.

So then I got it... Why not start an Girth belt run (red ones ofcourse)
I have no Ideé of how much it will cost?
If there is enought intrest I will update this thread with price and wich sizes there will be.

So here is an intrested list!

Thankyou!

//Oscar//

Attachments

• Girth Belt.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 296
You can get these in white, ready to dye from several horse-tack shops on the web. Your supplier should be able to order these for you in white as well.

You can get these in white, ready to dye from several horse-tack shops on the web. Your supplier should be able to order these for you in white as well.

Yes they can get it in white too, But it's still not the right material for the dye to work... It wasen't %100 nature material... If you know where to find, it would be much easyer, then that I do this run :rolleyes Just thought it would help more peoples who have problems to find thees...

But I still need someone to tell me the right red collor. On a collormap.

//Oscar//

The girths available are mohair girths and are colored (or dyed) with stain or just plain old painted for the most part.

AFAIK no one in Norway even supplies this kind of girth so I bought mine from the US (thanks slave1pilot).

The girths available are mohair girths and are colored (or dyed) with stain or just plain old painted for the most part.

AFAIK no one in Norway even supplies this kind of girth so I bought mine from the US (thanks slave1pilot).

And I would love to know the right red collor for Boba fetts girth belt, anyone can help me (y) ?

//Oscar//

I think that's where I bought mine.

Just be aware that shipping is double to triple the value of the belt itself.

As for what shade of red... I'm not sure there is a definite answer, but do a search. There are a couple of threads here describing how to color them and what color was used.

Went to "vicotrycanter" and picked up a girth belt. Thanks for the tip. Here's a dumb question.....what color of dye do you use to get it to red. I'm worried that if I use the RIT Scarlett Red pink. Help......

I just used regular acrylic based wall paint that I thinned with regular tap water. If the color is a bit off you can always mist a different shade on there with an airbrush or rattlecan.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back