Poseable Mannequin?

Hey all,

I am thinking about getting a poseable mannequin do display my Fett. Any pros or cons? If there is a good poseable mannequin, which one should be looking at? Or should I just butcher and rebuild a mannequin? Open to all suggestions. Thanks.

I've had two poseable mannies. One was so bad that I let my dog's Pitbull puppies have it as a chew toy. They loved it! Poseables are difficult to deal with, and they are not as poseable as one would think. most of them have a hard time standing up on their own, and require that you build some sort of frame to prop them up on. If you do find a high end quality poseable manny, it will probalbly go for hundreds of dollars. Your best bet is to look at mannequins in different poses, and pick one that is in a pose that is already close to the one that you want your prop to be in. Pick the right size depending on what costume you are planning on putting on it. For example, I wanted my Vader prop to have his hands behind his back as if gazing out of his command ship. I picked a manny that already had his hands behind his back at parade rest and voila! The Jawa has a simple PVC inner frame. I have built two of those, but they are best for smaller characters like Yoda and stuff. After you purchase your mannequin, you can cut and pose the limbs (mostly the arms) in the position that you want. You will have to fiberglass them into position so that they stay permanently. You also have more freedom with the hands on a fiberglass manny. You can cut and make fingers to hold blasters, sabers, etc. The fiberglass mannequin butchering is probalbly your best bet. In my opinion, It will give you a much better looking prop at much more affordable price. Good luck!

DSC02356.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back