*FETT BOOTS, UPDATE 12-31

Just be in the lookout for this thread everytime as possible, so you'll know the status.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I understand the thread right I may be getting my boots sooner than expected because they are a size 12?

mindphunk wrote:

Outstanding!!!! Please postal service god, let them be here by Friday.
I asked Wes when they shipped and by what method, without asking Scott, he thinks they went out Sat. or Mon by regular mail. So depending on where you live from where they were shipped, you may get luckly, he told me probably not until Mon.

Lynn

I'm very glad to see some progress and the fact that the list has been updated to show which ones have shipped.

Just a quick question. Could it be explained how it was decided who would receive theirs first? We've been told it wasn't who paid first (as we were originally told it would be).

Again, not bashing, or angry, as I have a pair of MC's to use while I'm waiting for these (Thanks again Rex!), just wondering.

As someone said a little way above, communication is really important.

Thanks.

The boot maker decided on which ones get made first, and I understand his reasoning. He has patterns for the different sizes which he lays on the material, traces, then cuts out. It saves time, money, effort and material to trace and cut all of one size rather than lay out a 9, 11, 12, 10 then cut them out. With the sheer number of 10s, it was way more cost effective to make them in a lot. That way there is minimal wasted material.

Wes

so how did he decide which size 10 would be shipped first? I'm assuming it isn't by who paid first after looking at the new list. I could be wrong, sure. I just noticed that the shipped list was all over the place, even within the same size.

The list here on the board was the original interest thread list, not a list of who paid first. Scott and I have the list of order paid, so yes, you were wrong.

vadersfavorite wrote:

so how did he decide which size 10 would be shipped first? I'm assuming it isn't by who paid first after looking at the new list. I could be wrong, sure. I just noticed that the shipped list was all over the place, even within the same size.

I'll be honest with you my friend, I honestly don't know.
My last conversation with the boot maker 2 days ago consisted of him telling me that since there were so many 10s, that he had been trying to split his time up cutting material and making lasts (frames) so he could pump out more 10s.

TK-Fett wrote:

So if 10 was first whats next?

even with being wrong, it's getting out of line. I'm not so sure that is the order of who paid first since I remember the list as it was being updated. It doesn't matter anyway. It is just nice to know that they should be here before next Halloween, I hope.

I have been trying to stay patient on these,I understand there was an unforeseen complication. I don't understand however on the order the first 6-8 pairs were made. These sizes were all over the place and not all 10's so that can't be the reasoning. So if they weren't going by size, I know they weren't going by as paid since mine would have been in the top 4-5.Just curious on this.
Also, since it was done before on the first 2 pair, I NEED mine before Thanksgiving.Thanks:)

Hi Wes,

As a means to helping with the communication, would it be possible to sort the list into sizes and also the first payers at the top, i.e (made up names, obviously):

1. Boba - shipped (paid 1st of the sized 10 people)
2. Zam - shipped (Paid 2nd of the sized 10 people - etc)
3. Bossk - paid

1. Fett - shipped
2. Wessell - paid
3. Dengar - paid

1. Jango - shipped
2. Clawdite - Paid
3. 4-Lom - paid

That would help keep people updated and give them an idea of where they were in the queue for each size. At the moment people can check back on the thread to see when they paid (I seem to have paid on July 9th), but not everyone posted when they paid, or those posts may have been lost when the thread was cleaned up by BF so it's not clear. This idea would introduce some transparency and save some frayed tempers.

People are getting understandable frustrated now. I don't think anyone is mad at you. I'm certainly not! You've done a great job in even starting this project, and we all owe you.

I'm sure people are intelligent enough to see the delays are not of your doing and that you are stuck in the middle, having to listen to idiots like me and then try to convey that urgency to the maker. I'm sure we also all understand that there's only so much you can do, but at the same time, we're all super keen to get these great boots (as I know you are aware).

Just thought something like the above suggestion would be a fairly easy way to keep people in the picture. We know that maker has control of which sizes he works on at any given time so no one is going to set their watch by the list, but a split list as above would help, I think.

If you are pressed for time, I'd be happy to sort through the list if you PM or mail me the list of people, sizes and dates they paid. Not trying to steal your thunder, just trying to help out.

On the other hand, it may be a rubbish idea. It just came to me and I've written it down before thinking of it from every angle, so I may have missed some important facts.

Also, if it helps Scott (who we haven't heard from in some considerable time) I'd be happy to assemble and attatch the spikes this end. Just chuck them in the box and Airmail it to me!

LMK what you think and if I can be of any assistance.

:)

Si

I'm not mad at an individual, it's just the situation that sucks. It has greatly changed some of the plans I had. I am sure it has done the same for others.

For you guys who's boots have shipped, has anyone gotten theirs yet? I havn't got anything today, but It should be any day now.
Lynn

Thanks Wes, that's great.

Especially great as I appear to be next in line on the size 10's :)

Si

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back