Budget Boba Build

I got the cardboard bucket nearly finished.

2009-10-19FettHelmetPainted002700x4.jpg

2009-10-19FettHelmetPainted005700x5.jpg

2009-10-19FettHelmetPainted006700x4.jpg

2009-10-19FettHelmetPainted009700x4.jpg

The paint for the helmet, armor, and jetpack, ran me $35 plus the welding shield another $16.00 Which brings us to $327

Great helmet... realy....

this is really an amazing build. I can't believe the detail you picked up using for sale signs. Where did you find the gauntlet templates? i looked in the gallery and didnt see them.

Thanks so much for all you do WOF. Your templates are great. Thanks everyone for all your help. TDH is a great place it has to be one of the most helpful costuming sites around.

I took your advise and made the cheap chest display.
Those bell lights are 9 dollars now.

In regular light it looks much better. You don't see the LEDs that bookend the bottom display. I've also gotten the suit very dirty. Still no shoe spikes but I'll put some on there and get some better gloves before this suit is retired to a mannequin.

chestlights.gif

You can see my jetpack harness in this pic. Oops!
2009-10-24HalloweenParty0322.jpg

Ok, so I'm done with this Fett and I'm on to the next.

You are amazingly creative and inspiring. I am down to the wire trying to finish my son's (9y/o) custom Mando costume for Halloween. Whew!!!
I have modified his helmet (almost done)--used plastic face shield from work (doctor's office) and vinyl tinting, faux leather for vest; used something very cheap $2--a packet of eyelets (like small grommets) to basically hold vest together by threading through suede strings...anyway, you get the picture.
It's a challenge to stay within budget; I know I've gone over mine a bit. We are forced to be resourceful and creative on a budget, and that's a good thing! Maybe we're preventing Alheizmers or something, HA :confused :rolleyes
Keep up the creativity. Good luck on your future ventures.
~~~~~ Have a Happy Halloween~~~~~​

I know this post is well after the thread has ended, but I'm new to TDH and am perusing all of the threads while researching scratch-builds. This build is truly both inspiring and and amazing. It gives a talentless hack like me the hope of, "it's possible." Thank you for your very detailed progress pics. I very much hope you are subscribing to this thread and actually receive this post. I would love to see what bIGGER and BETTER things you went on to build.

I know this post is well after the thread has ended, but I'm new to TDH and am perusing all of the threads while researching scratch-builds. This build is truly both inspiring and and amazing. It gives a talentless hack like me the hope of, "it's possible." Thank you for your very detailed progress pics. I very much hope you are subscribing to this thread and actually receive this post. I would love to see what bIGGER and BETTER things you went on to build.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! TDH is a great place with a bunch of great people that are always willing to help. I had no idea what I was doing and the kind people of TDH helped me every step of the way. I wish more boards were like TDH.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back