Helmet lament

I'm due to get a bit of an inheritance. I want a finished helmet. I got a Sgt Fang back in Dec, but I just can't resize the ESB Templates to fit. I'm so jealous of those that do. I've been considering the MR ESB, but have seen the articles on the screwed up visor.

I guess what I'm wondering is: What's my best bet?

Best helmet? My Sgt Fang seems prett good, got the visor able to be mounted or dismounted. The Boba maker seems pretty nice too.

Anyone offer a painting service?

Should I just blow the 5-6 hundred on an MR?

Save money for an EFX?(i'm sure they'll do one sooner or later).

Ultimately, my goal is to have an ESB, ROTJ, A Jango and a Boba animated helmet, but first things first.

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

Well, the MR's are nice. I like them. The pinch is easily fixed 90% with just a proper thick visor cut to stretch the mandibles.

I know that there are a few people with MR molds that sell them cheap.

I have a fixed MR mold, that I poured a few copies out of and sold them for like 130 ish. Thick or thin, however the person wants them (thick if they want rigid but dont have a giant nogin:)

Personally I like FP's fett helmet. The shape is unbelievable and the clean mold is sooooo nice. So if you want to spend a couple hundred, id go that route. If you want to spend 125 ish, get a mr copy.

I thought everyone that needed a good cheap helmet had one, my molds have been sitting without use for 6 months:)

I know there are several people on here offering painting services, if not all the time, then at least now and then.

You can paint the helmets without the stencils, I did with a fairly good result.

Other than that I can only speak for bobamaker since it's the one I have and I'm really happy with.

I have a Boba Maker and it is great I chose to paint it myself using the stencils as abase but you could always have Daz paint it up for you. There is also FettPrides bucket which is a great one you will just need to find someone to paint it and there are quite a few people that are offering services to do that. Then there is the TerminalFetter bucket and he will paint it for you as well. If you have any questions about the stencils and how I used them shoot me a PM and I can give you some direction.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back