Google Ads

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Hello everyone. As I am sure you have noticed, we now have small text ads from Google on the site. We are testing these ads to see if it will generate enough revenue to support the site and keep us from needing donations.

I am sure some will be offended and not care for these ads. We don't like it either but we feel it has become a necessity and feel that text ads are small and innocuous enough that they wont' distract from the functionality of the board.

We are testing these ads for a month to see how effective they are and will then evaluate whether we will continue using them or not.

Thanks for your patience during this transition.

It does, but please don't abuse it. Google stays on top of things like that (not entirely sure how but if they feel it is being abused they will kick us out of the program) so please don't just click on links to "help" unless you are actually interested in the item you are clicking on.

so...
if we click them it helps pay for the site?

S1P,

I wanted to answer your question a little more thoroughly...

Again, yes, you clicking helps pay for the site, BUT here are the rules the site itself must abide by:

1. Don't click on your own ads.
2. Don't ask others to click on your ads.
3. Don't include any prohibited site content, including adult content, violence or excessive profanity, drugs (including alcohol and tobacco), or copyrighted material.
4. Don't modify the AdSense code.
5. Do follow our Webmaster Quality Guidelines.
6. Do provide a good user experience.
7. Don't place more than 3 ad units, 3 link units, 2 search boxes, and 3 referral units on any page.
8. Don't place images near ads in a way that may mislead users into thinking that the images are associated with the ads.

The first and second rules are the most important. I am not supposed to click on the ads and I am not supposed to ask you to click on the ads...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back