SR - EE3 (webley and greeble) sign up list!

Thanks RC:)

Well ive been going at it all day. and have a total of about 3 greeble kits done. Im going to honor anyone in this thread thats committed. And then after that, either sell the rights to my scope mounts/molds or charge more.

Im just really depressed because I want them perfect.

I may include some epoxy clay for people to fill anything with. Its really easy to use, equal parts, mix between fingers, press in hole, shave off, let dry. And its rock hard.

Ill have pics for everyone in the next 24 me hopes.

The 'mock up' gun is sold to timmer.

Ill be building another one im sure. Gotta have pictures when people ask. Ill figure out the price on that one when I see the quality of the parts I use.

Thans timmer.

On the kits, I pulled parts all week. Ill post pics of the parts, and problems, and let you all decide by the pics. I should have 10 ish sets by tomorrow night. Maybe more.

m2

The kits are taking me between 1 and 2 hrs a kit, for a good pull. I have to do something I have never done. I have to raise the price, or its not economical for me to do them.

Prices jumped $20 due to: Time to create raised (I didnt realize this thing was 12 indivudual parts. Two of which take an hour each. Shipping has gone up. Resin has gone up. Silicone has gone up, and the way these molds are made, they dont last long.

I realize that this will be a deal breaker for some, however, having spent more than 100 hours putting this thing together, as acurate as I can, its what I had to do, to make it affordable.

I may start putting kits together, and selling them onesey twosey in the cargo hold.

I am making amold to do the shrouds for the mounts tomorrow, I have 12 full kits ready to ship except for shrouds. Once the shrouds are done, if people still want them, they are here. If not, they can sit and collect dust or I can ebay em. No hard feelings from me either way.

Check first thread for pricing changes.

M2

I absolutely am being hard. But I think thats expected. Im keeping a decent standard on parts. Thats important to me.

The price jump had to happen because of looking at the in/out on the account, and time spent. The extra 20 covers stirrers, cups, paypal fees, brushes, sand paper, all that jazz that gets tossed under the table and not tabulated. Shipping is the outrageous one lately. I see the USPS going away if they dont curb their rates.

Ok the extra shroud mold is done, so I can make 5 at a time instead of 1. So FD, your kits will ship probably friday, and ill start pming ppl tomorrow once i have shrouds for all the kits. It looks like i have about 12 - 15 kits done, but i need more resin. All the rest I have I need to use on the shrouds. If I think ill need more than 15 kits, ill hit the ol grind again this weekend when I get resin.

Hi there,
I am new to the site but huge fan of the ESB Fett. Am I to late to purchase a kit? Please let me know all of the details.I can PAYPAL immediately for one. Many thanks and incredible work.
Trainerbyday.

Can anyone point me to a site with painting techniques that give the stock that wooden look ? Actually any info on the EE-3 colors would be great.

Thanks everyone,
Timmer

Your not too late. Ill have them, but theres a line, ill need to 'compile the list' now that all the parts are cleaned and ready to go. Start looking tomorrow for a list, and Ill put you on it.

Hay timmer. If you like the aged look I had in my mockup pics, heres how to do it, really easily.

Buy some acrylic based paint. Or laquer based doesnt matter.

I bought Dark Rust Color

Put it on an old rag.

Let it dry a bit, so its still tacky.

Rub it on the stock.

The raised pieces will take up the color.

The deep pieces will stay dark.

Makes a nice old wood color.

If you want lighter, use a tan in the same fashion later.

Worse that can happen, if you dont like it, is you paint it again. But youll like it.

Trust ol SR:)

Ill put it in this thread shortly. In the first post. Now I have all the greeble kits caught up, I can do guns/greebles at the same time.

You wouldnt believe the amount of 'pieces' that are part of one of these buggers.

Ok, the HIC's i was doing, all ship tomorrow, so im finally free to focus on shipping these. Sorry for the delay, but with a full time job, and 4 hrs of HIC'ing every night, this has taken a back seat.

Ill work as hard as I can to get the list made and a round shipped before I go to rome next week.
m2

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back