SR - EE3 (webley and greeble) sign up list!

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
Ok the last was an interest. This is the sale.

EDIT PRICE CHANGE: These kits are taking me almost 2 hours a kit. I cant do anything but raise the price or dont offer them. Im going to break them down into the way they are sold elsewhere or on ebay.

The webleys are $200 shipped us.

The Webley + Greeble Kits are $250 US

Greeble kits if you purchased a kit prior are $50

Greeble Kits if you did not purchase a kit are $70

The kit includes:
Scope Mounts (Scratch built by me) (20+ elsewhere)

Shrouds (Wrap over mounts to hook the scope rails too) (Not offered elsewhere)

Scope Rails (Cast from acurate rails, modified to have a base to glue to. Usable as they come, dremel work (about 4 mins worth) can make them hide the brace) (20+ for real or fabricated or molded. )

ACURATE plug block stock greebles (4) pulled from the real part thanks to Art Andrews (20 elsewhere)

ACURATE center stock greeble (2) made to look like the official pics (Included in other from above but theres are custom by me)

Acurate windage knob aparatus for your scope (Not offered elsewhere except in a kit that I know of)

V8 Arm cast from the real thing. (10 elsewhere)

V8 Pully cast from the real thing. (Not offered elsewhere)

Totals more than 100 elsewhere if its possible,

Very little cleaning is required. Ill grind down to size all parts. None should need any more than minor filling (tiny pencil lead size bubbles, and few of them at that). Light sanding where I grind, and slight modifying with a dremel may need to be done.

The gun, comes in all black resin, with the metal finish replicated in it.

A 20 minute glue job, will make your gun look 90% as nice as a 4 hour build. Ill post a picture of the build I did today. Ill also be posting a tutorial for everyone to follow if they like.

What youll need:

molex connectors

flash tube. I used a piece of plumbing pipe from menards for $5. It could easily be modified to be very close to the original with just a drill and dremel. I highly recommend it for those looking for a tube.

cheap scope from ebay (10). My mounts and windage knob should attack no problem, and be as close to acurate as you can get for the littl trouble youll be going through.

Glue

What you may want to add:
Rings from fettdad for the leather strap.

Leather strap, mine cam from 99centtaco

What you shouldnt need:
Bondo
Primer
paint
aspirin (for the headache)
instructions (its pretty clear cut)
low grit sand paper (an exacto is all i used on the demo to test fit everything).

I have redone most the molds, im doing the trigger guard today. Guns will pour this weekend as well as greeble kits.

They can ship next week.

To europe add $20 shipping, Australia and Orient add $35

UPDATE ---------------------------------------------

LIST AS I HAVE IT IS AS FOLLOWS::::::::::::::::::::::::::
FettFanatic 1 greeble kit
grifter 1 Greeble Set
shabad 1 greeble kit
stellardude 1 greeble kit
escho34
darth larch
jedi.paramedic
suchibu 1 gun kit + greeble set
trainerbyday 1 gun kit + greeble set
tc-2917 1 gun kit + greeble set
mckenick 1 gun kit + greeble set
dhs36 - Greeble kit parts + bad barrell
kurtyboy - mounts ??

PM's coming soon.

Thanks,
M2

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the pics. This gun went from fresh from mold, to glued with CA (Super glue) in 20 minutes.

The only paint on the gun, is some brown on the stock. I let the paint almost dry on a rag, then whipe it on it softly. A dab of rub and buff was used on the stock greebles.

I did clean back some of the mounts support with a dremel, its personal preference, and not necessary.
srgun.jpg

This gun will be for sale (without strap) and scope body/ends for $250 shipped. Its not perfect, it was put together quickly, but it is a lot better than a lot of guns ive seen.

For display its real close, for trooping, i suggest taking it apart and re-gluing it tougher. I only used a dab here and there to lock on the parts.

You know I am in for a greeb set. After getting the webley cast from you I knew you would do an awesome job with these, but I am floored with how great these look. PM sent.

No, the mounts are on backwards. Noob:)

Hahaha. I dont doubt it. I just threw it together. The mounts fit without gluing. and stay tight:) so I can flips em.

Please sign me up for one Webley Kit and one Greeblie kit.

Thanks very much m2 !

Timmer

Thanks very much m2.

Ill post a pic of the entire kit today.

Does anyone live in italy, or have someone in italy, so we can order 100 molex without having to pay 4 bucks a piece. They should only cost 50c

I am working on them, but having someone there would help.

I will be going to rome in a couple weeks, maybe ill just try to find some place myself:)

The connector is an AMP .200" Commercial MATE-N-LOK 6 way pin-housing with a latch locking mechanism. AMP part# 1-163035-0.

That was taken from another thread. The AMP part number is the one we need. The only place ive seen it is italy.

Well guys, ive been toiling over this for the last 24 hours.

Heres the problem. Im getting more mounts and rails with bubbles, than not. 3 of 5 have half of a screw head missing from the mount, or a couple bb sized bubbles in the mount ends.

Im just not sure how I can do these. They are taking me upwards of 2-3 hours a _set_ to get a perfect collection of pieces.

Im at an all time low, trying to figure this out. The center stock greeble, AM Blocks, piston arm, and pulley are easy and perfect. The rest. Ugg.

I have some model makers/people that have helped me do small runs on things before in the area, and im likely going to just _give_ them the molds. With a full time job, a really important web project, and the han solo, im drowning here.

I dont want to dissapoint with the pieces when they arrive. But I just cant keep pouring plastic into the never ending well.

Im not sure where to go from here. The mounts have to stay in plastic for about 30 minutes before I can take them out. Which means I dont know if they are good, for 45 minutes after starting. And 2 of 3 are bad. So it takes me 2.5 hours a set MINIMUM.

I need to re-evaluate this thing.

The sad thing is that the rails are great besides the screw heads. One option would be to send cast screw heads you could glue on. As for the actual mounts, the only option is to ship them with bubbles, or dont do them.

The reason others mounts dont have this problem, is they do a one sided pull. These have two sides, and air gets trapped. I can cut veins to let the air out, but then the finish is totally ruined.

Ill try a few more today and make a decision, but I want to be honest. Its not looking good.

Ive spent all day, have about 2 sets of mounts and rails, out of 10 pulls, that come out perfect.

With the mounts, I can pour them in these molds, to be flat on one side.

Or I can sell the molds/masters to someone else if they want to take this on:)

I would like to hear everyones input.

Flat sides? Deal with the bubbles?

I think casting the heads and a glue recommendation should be fine. It is a simple fix and would only require a bit of tool work as opposed to doing twice the work without a guarantee of success on your end. We assemble it ourselves anyway and it is minor compared to what painting and detailing will add to the project for each of us.

Also, minor bubbles can be taken care of with a small amount of filler. Besides, your perfectionist view point has features most of us don't see as a disaster (LOL). Your work always exceeds expectations!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back