Kal's Custom Mando

From Kentucky... stationed at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, FL... transfering to Tinker AFB, at Oklahoma City, OK in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys here's the situation... I've decided to go with a combination of #'s 1, 2 and 3... plus I have to make a few changes based on new uniform regs. I want to get the webgear in the appropriate color for me to use at work, which is now officially... ABU pattern, ACU pattern or Foliage (aka ABU/ACU green). I DON'T want my webgear to be specifically ABU or ACU pattern because it will blend WAY too much with the ABUs, and would look goofy with anything else. I was going to use Coyote Brown/Tan but unless I can find clarification on the regulation regarding that... I won't.

SO.... that being said I need help... I've searched and searched but am having a hard time finding affordable MOLLE gear in foliage green. Can anyone give me a hand with this? I Need a good vest and belt, a LEFTY universal modular holster and pouches. Any help would be appreciated.

Kal Waco

ok this is posted in my other thread as well... but I need help from my vode! I am going to be working on some new custom gauntlets... saw some stuff over on the mandalorian mercs where a vod scratchbuilt his gaunts from cardboard boxes and made 'em look good. That's what I'm going to try, using cardboard this time instead of the dang plastic signs. So... I need a few bits of wisdom and knowledge from you:

1. When glassing... what's the best way to go about it? I want to be able to glass it and keep my level of detail, so how do I need to set that up? Exagerate the details or what?

2. I want to use a Nerf Maverick to dissassemble and attach to the top in a rebuilt tri-shot configuration (will sketch and show later). I want to be able to rig this thing up so that it will still be able to shoot darts... from all 3 barrels! So I need help figuring out how exactly to do this and make it look good.

3. I want to add some Predator blades to my gaunts that I can sling out and they will not lock, but will sort of friction lock themselves into the closed position until deliberately opened, sort of like a collapsible baton only it will not lock itself into the extended position, I want to be as safe as humanly possible while still looking totally wicked.

4. I need to be able to shape this stuff prior to glassing and still keep the shape, and I need to be able to attach a few hoses here and there for proper appearance, what's the best way to achieve both.

5. The left gauntlet will also have a built in LED flashlight ($20 @ Walmart) to provide "tactical illumination" and I need help figuring out how to attach it while still having the ability to change the batteries and bulbs if I need to.

6. Anyone want to do this for me?!! lol jk jk, Any other suggestions you may have that I have overlooked or am unaware I need to be asking about... feel free to add it in!

sounds cool vod! good luck :D

since i havnt even started on my gaunts yet i dont have any advice for you :( sorry

hehe yeah it's okay... I have a few ideas of what I want to do. The problem is... I can do the build of the basic, non-moving, non-functional parts, (altho the shells gave me trouble on the last go) but when I try to glass the gauntlet, that's when I run into trouble. I seem to be unable to keep my detailing when I do the glassing. I wonder if there's a better way than what I'm doing.

SO... I'll try to get some pics of what I got right now up tomorrow. Chest and back plates are ready... just need a vest to mount them to and I need to repaint the shoulder plates and the vest will be done. Waiting to get my bucket from A'd'ika (not waiting on him per say, more waiting to actually pay/get it shipped), I'll paint it almost as soon as I get it. Also, I need to build a rifle and a sidearm as well as get my webgear. I'm going to use a 2 piece undersuit. ABU pants with a custom made ABU shirt. I'm going to get a new ABU blouse, cut the sleeves off and sew them onto a tan or foliage green t-shirt. Then... I'll take the pockets off the chest of the original ABU blouse and sew them on the sleeves. Then... add a high color from the original blouse to the shirt and I'll be ready to roll! lol I know it sounds like a lot (and proally is...) but at least I already have some of it done.

ok guys... here's some news, no pics today... will try to get 'em up tomorrow. I figured out I'm going to use a base M4 lower (Airsoft gun) one of the cheap models, to build a basically modified A295 or A280 carbine. It's going to be shortened down and heavily modded to make it more Special Operations Capable. Still thinking about adding the Nerf Longshot front end to the M4 and rebuilding the rest of the upper.

Im making my own bucket and you're not!?!?!?! haha kidding :lol: I understand the business of you job!

I was going to ask you this a while ago but i forgot, So here it comes! :lol:
You know how you are doing the Jaing eyes on your bucket. I was wondering if you wouldnt mind if i did too. I just think that right now my bucket needs a bit more to be custom :D THAN IT CAN LOOK LIKE WE'RE IN THE SAME CLAN! :lol: that would be kinda cool :D

Dont be afraid to say no vod! I can take it :D

lol dude go with it! Jaing Eyes are a battle honor, worn for showing valor in combat. I added 'em to mine just because I like 'em and I like what they stand for. Plus... I kinda figure anyone who's as badshebs as a CCT or PJ would have earned 'em! lol besides... after the death/destruction/Mayhem your mando visited on that Sandcrawler full of Jawas... lol I think u can wear 'em! lmao BTW... Jaing Eyes are cool.

ok I said I'd get some pics up tonight, here's the bucket design and my mods for the backplate, had plans to show the vest pieces... but it's going to be another day before I can do that... sorry all, progress asap!

bucket sketch 2.JPG

Backplate style.jpg

Thats gonna be sweet! But its also going to take forever to make! :lol:

Isnt that the iron man armor?

Levi, Kal, I've seen motorcycle back protectors that are segmented, actually I have one (somewhere :lol:) If I find it I will post a pic.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back