Mando Pride Fitness Challenge

kalika

Well-Known Hunter
*** THIS LINE ADDED*** Okay folks, I just want to say... before u read on, check the egos at the door for this, it's for everyone to have fun and live a healthier, happier lifestyle. I know that I am one of those who needs to do an ego check, and I will do my best, I just ask that everyone else do the same and have fun with this!***THIS LINE ADDED***

Okay guys... I know a lot of us are not real happy with our level of physical fitness, I've been toying with this idea for a while now and since I got P90X and another fitness test coming up... I figured this is the perfect time. SO... I'm challenging all of u vode to be the best mando u can be, to go above all, become one of the few and the prode vode an... live life like an adventure (ok I'm out of military recruiting slogans). I'm going to challenge all vode to meet the MINIMUM scores for the US Air Force's current (not the new one that will be in effect 1 Jan 10) fitness test. It is a three event test with the following requirements, to achieve a passing score of 75% one must:

1. 33 Push Ups in 1 minute
2. 40 Sit Ups in 1 minute
3. 1.5 mile run in 12 minutes 30 seconds.
4. Abdominal Circumfrence of < 45 inches

Points are on a graduated scale... meaning more pushups/situps equals longer run time to pass. I'll even go out on a limb and share my scores as of my last fitness test, almost a month ago.

1. 55 Pushups (7 from maximum points)
2. 55 Situps (maximum points)
3. 12:15 min/sec 1.5 mile run
4. 30.5 inch abdominal circumfrence

My goal for the next test is 65 Pushups, 60 Situps, 10:30 run and maintain my 30.5 abdominal. My challenge for you is to set a goal... and meet it! I'm going to be posting my progress on a sort of regular basis here... I'd like to see some other vode join in!

***EDIT***

Ok here's the ROE:
1. Take the AF Fitness test... Perform standard pushups for 1 min and record your number; rest 5 min; perform standard situps (arms across your chest, not behind your head) for 1 min, record your number; rest 5 min; now run 1.5 miles and time your run, record your number; measure your waist 3 times to get abdominal circumfrence and record the average.

2. Report your numbers. Make a post here just like I did and report your scores.

3. Set a goal based on your score and work out to improve your score.

4. Start from Step 1 and work all the way back through. Test yourself approximately twice each month or every two weeks.

Kal Waco

Last edited by a moderator:
"I think it's a good day to die sir!" "OUTSTANDING!!!" lol sorry I watched Starship Troopers last night... lmao glad to hear it! Anyone else? lol I guess I need to edit in some rules for this challenge.

ok... rules have been edited in! I'm starting P90X tonight... and effective tomorrow, I will be running 3 miles each and every afternoon.

well, the wifey has me going to the gym, but right now I'm trying to clean this poodoo hole of a house we live in.

I will attempt to lose weight since my white mando wont look too good with a keg under the armor :p

71? wow! My norm is about 55-60... altho there is a guy in my flight who did 92 on his last fitness test... 62 is maximum score! 55 situps is maximum ten points for pushups, ten for situps, and I think 8:36 or 9:36 is maximum scoring runtime at 50 points. As for abdominals <32.5 inches = max points at 30 points.

he he adonian I know the feeling... my house is a mess too and we're gettin' ready to move! lol I'm definately starting my running back up tomorrow tho and P90X to kick my shebs into gear... it works, it really does and We've had sooo many airmen (and back in ROTC, cadets) who were able to make drastic improvements in how they looked and felt by using P90X or... by simply trying to pass their PFT every time. Back in ROTC we tested every 8 weeks, on active duty we test once a year, and when changing duty stations or beginning/completing any training. So... I've tested 4 times already this year! lol

ok... rules have been edited in! I'm starting P90X tonight... and effective tomorrow, I will be running 3 miles each and every afternoon.

Wait...you're starting P90X and you plan on running 3 miles per day?? Dude....

Those 3 miles are gonna be hell if you try to do them after Day 2: Plyometrics. That is one tough son of a gun. I'm in week 2 and just did my second day of Plyo and I gotta tell you, it burns. And my first day and for two days afterwards, my legs were toast. Today was easier, tho.

Keep it up! Do your best, and.... (you'll know the rest of it soon enough.) :)

lol thanx for the info! I have to get my run time WAAAYYY down in order to get the job I want, I still have about 2 more years before I'm eligible but... now's the time to start getting ready. I'm doin' the P90X because we used to use it for PT sessions back in ROTC and it kicked my butt... my wife wants to get into better shape so we're both going to work hard to get fit... It's kinda important in my line of work! lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back