Mando Pride Fitness Challenge

I might hop in and test myself at some point. I'm in Week 5 of P90x and have gone from 205 down to 187 in the five weeks. And on chest days we do a boatload of pushups and sick ab work every other day. The run would be difficult at first, since the program gets most of its cardio from Kenpo and Plyometrics. But I'm willing to bet I could come close to 14:00 at worst.

@ Jason: Dude much respect to you ner vod... in my eyes you're something we don't have a word for in mando'a... a hero. Glad to see u joining in vod, don't worry about the pushups... I'll do 'em for ya ner vod!

@ Lev'ika: Plans are actually to continue my career progression, I have to go to a fulltime flying squadron for a few years, not sure which one I'm going to yet since all 3 for me are at Tinker AFB, OK. Eventually plan to get an ALO spot and go back home to Jason's rival unit... the 101st Air Assault out of Fort Campbell, KY.

@Martigan: Yeah P90X is rough... that's why I'm using it! Glad to year good results ner vod! We'll call it a success story! The run is difficult because of the exact distance... most people can do 1 mile easily, and 2 miles comfortably... but 1.5 miles is a range that is just far enough to push you past the happy 1 miler, and too short to allow you to get into that comfortable 2 mile distance, in short... it hurts! lol

I usually max out the test. I am taking it on Sunday but this old MSgt is having reconstructive knee surgery on Tues and spinal injections in two weeks. Years of running and gunning has taken its toll. I still think I can max it out though...just too old and set in my way s to just lie down and die yet...

BTW Tinker isn't so bad...its where I am stationed...

Really?!! Awesome! May have to look u up when I get out there Boomer... what squadron r u with? I'm going to the 552nd Control Squadron for a while, and then I PCA to another one of the flying squadrons out there. Haven't maxed the fitness test since I was in ROTC tho... had some issues my junior year that kept me out of the PT program for almost a whole semester and it messed me up big time. I'm working my tail off to get back in shape!

Sweet! I am in the 507th ARW. We are the reserve wing on the other side of the base. I am the Law Office Sup. I gave up flyin back in 96 after I managed 3600 hrs and most of it combat time. I usually max it out but time is catchin up with me...We will definitely hook up when you get here. This is a GREAT place to live.

Good call on having everyone take a close look at their fitness level. I have seen too many bloated Mando'ad in photo galleries of the Cons...

I'm a recently retired (medically - I became diabetic) from 14 years of active duty in the Army...Airborne Infantry, including Op Iraqi Freedom. Since I am not doing normal PT anymore, I started crossfit. Actually my girlfriend is a hardcore crossfit chick and almost complete being a personal trainer. Those of you who don't want to pony up and get the P90X DVDs (or bootleg them off bittorrent), Google crossfit and give it a shot. Very minimal equipment and the main site posts all the WODs (workout of the day). Crossfit is very Mando'ad in my mind. As one last comment on all this, don't forget to shape up your diets as well! Maybe be brave and do the Zone (like weight watchers) or Paleo (straight caveman style diet) diets, or at least watch your carbs and cut out the garbage. I doubt Boba would pollute his body with trash!!

Oh & PS Jason_strk.... Airborne All the way!! 173rd (Your Italian red-headed step brother)

Good call on having everyone take a close look at their fitness level. I have seen too many bloated Mando'ad in photo galleries of the Cons...

A primary reason for starting this ner vod.

BTW... thanks for your service! I really appreciate everything you guys who've served have done, things I'll never have the opportunity (and hopefully some things I'll never HAVE to do). You guys are truely heroes (I know there's no word for hero in mando'a) to me. I only hope that my service honors everything you guys have stood/still stand for. Thanks vode, I will try my best to live up to the high standard we should hold ourselves to everyday as professional warriors.

As for some statistics... I ran a nice, pleasant 12 min 1.5 today... a full 30 seconds faster than normal, kept running after that and lost track of distance, made a total of 45 min tho and I wasn't suffering for it. I think perhaps next time I run I'll try to actually wear myself out and see what I can do.

Great job, ner vod! Running is totally all about conditioning. The more you do it, the better you will be no matter what. I would love to get myself back in my 2001-2006 fitness level. I was stationed in Italy from 2001-2003 and we frequently ran 12.5 miles in less than 1 hour 15 minutes up the Monte Bericho hill. Fun times, lol.

Seriously look into this crossfit thing my girlfriend turned me onto. It's pretty hardcore and it's scaled to your ability. Last Saturday I did the Fight Gone Bad workout (3 rounds, 1 minute per exercise - box jumps, push presses @ 45lbs., rowing, wall ball tosses {20lbs. 12 ft. high}, sumo deadlift high pulls @ 75 lbs.; for 1 point per rep) I was pretty stoked getting 367!

wow! That's a pretty impressive work out!

Okay vode... I need to ask a favor, it's time for me to play the vode an card. I am going to be gone for a few weeks... 28 days to be exact and I need somebody to make sure this thread stays active. I will try to stay in touch, but can't be sure if I'll have internet access where I'm going. Somebody want to volunteer to be the thread bumper?

OK, anade, Kal'ika is away, but where is everyone else and their results/progress? beter get off your shebs & join in!

Am I the only verd to take up the challenge?

Remember:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore

hey guys... found out we have a gym here just for the training school I'm at so I'll be working out a bit here as the schedule permits... I'll try to stay in touch but I will probably sporadic at best. Thanks guys for keepin' the thread up for me! BTW gymbeau I dunno if u've ever been here, but Fairchild is COOOLD! lol and the airline lost my luggage en route so I have 1 uniform and 1 set of civies! lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back