Brand Spankin New

Flatrabbit

Jr Hunter
So i just joined TDH today after looking at BF costume sites for the last year. I have loved BF since the I frst saw A New Hope as a child. I have never attended a convention, but would love to build my own Boba. I want to be fairly accurate but dont want to spend thousands. I guess I'm not sure where to begin. Any advice for a noob would be welcome. Cheers, and thanks for welcoming me.

Welcome aboard bruv... (y)

Accurate and 'not' spend allot sometimes do not come in the same sentence with Boba? but I have seen some with great results!
Just be sure to read up on all the parts to consider and what you want to make yourself or to buy from a maker...

Make yourself at home and don't be shy to ask questions... ;)

Welcome aboard! One alternative to "not spending thousands" and still being accurate is to build it over time. Assuming your not in a hurry of course lol. I've been working on mine on and off for about 10 years or so lol. Part of that is time, part of that is loosing interest temporarily at times and part of that is money. That said, you can buy a few pieces here, a few pieces there to lessen the sticker shock.

Also, just out of curiosity; you said you liked Boba after first seeing ANH as a child; was your first exposure to Star Wars the Special Editions that came out in 97? I guess if you were 10ish when you first saw the SE, that would still put you at over 20...man I feel old....just ignore this as the ramblings of an old man....

Welcome aboard! One alternative to "not spending thousands" and still being accurate is to build it over time. Assuming your not in a hurry of course lol. I've been working on mine on and off for about 10 years or so lol. Part of that is time, part of that is loosing interest temporarily at times and part of that is money. That said, you can buy a few pieces here, a few pieces there to lessen the sticker shock.

Also, just out of curiosity; you said you liked Boba after first seeing ANH as a child; was your first exposure to Star Wars the Special Editions that came out in 97? I guess if you were 10ish when you first saw the SE, that would still put you at over 20...man I feel old....just ignore this as the ramblings of an old man....

Sorry... you now see my noob nature. I meant Episode IV (Star Wars). I should pay more attention and not be distracted by work while typing on a forum of this nature. "Fans" can be brutal. ;) Thanks again guys. I'm so glad this site is active.

The Helmet is the most important thing for me (and it seems to be the case with most here) so any suggestions on where to start, my options, etc.? Thanks again, guys (gals?!?).

Sorry... you now see my noob nature. I meant Episode IV (Star Wars). I should pay more attention and not be distracted by work while typing on a forum of this nature. "Fans" can be brutal. ;) Thanks again guys. I'm so glad this site is active.

Your use of the abbreviation ANH was correct (if you meant Episode IV). What people were commenting on is the fact that most of us weren't introduced to Boba Fett until ESB (Episode V) in 1980. I was 6 back then.

If you first saw Fett in ANH it must have been the Special Edition version of the movie with Fett added. You said you were just a kid then. Many of us were in our 20's at that time - which makes us feel old. ;)

Your use of the abbreviation ANH was correct (if you meant Episode IV). What people were commenting on is the fact that most of us weren't introduced to Boba Fett until ESB (Episode V) in 1980. I was 6 back then.

If you first saw Fett in ANH it must have been the Special Edition version of the movie with Fett added. You said you were just a kid then. Many of us were in our 20's at that time - which makes us feel old. ;)

exactly! Boba wasn't in the original release of ANH, he wasn't added in till the SE. His first movie appearance was ESB. If you want to get a top notch helmet, BM or FP are the ones to go for, but there are plenty of other helmet makers out there. Stick with what you find here on TDH and you'll be fine though. FP is a member here, you can PM him your interest.

On a side note I was in my teens when the Special Editions came out, so I guess I'm not as old as I thought :lol:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back