Femme Mandos, I need your help so I can help you.

Saz

Hunter
Hi ladies,

I have spoken to a few of the female mandos here on TDH and it is clear that there is a demand for a smaller sized helmet to prevent the bobblehead.

I am in the process of getting everything together to make a standard femme helmet, but here's the catch.

I want to do it so that you ladies are completely happy with the final piece, so, if you have any comments or designs that you would like to put forward, please do so here.

I'll go with the mass of opinion, so you gals get to have a say in what you want created.

Remember though, this will be a base bucket for you to customise, but it will also be a base for me to create my art pieces just for you too.

Currently I am in the mindset of taking 2 inches off my last bucket in each direction, my current bucket which is 1:1 scale is 10 inches tall, so the femme mando will be 8 inches tall. Is this enough for you?

I will be using a small cycle helmet as opposed to the medium one I used for the 1:1 size.

Let me know what you think.

ive had decent success modding out the rubies 1pc vinyl helmet and 2pc plastic rubies helmet.

i think it depends on the size of the person. and the size of the head. ive seen small helmet NOT fit on small girls.

perhaps maybe we should make a pic data base of the sizes, from small (jango 1pc vinyl)to largest (MSH)

A'den Skirata's done a great helmet comparison thread over on the merc site.

What I am trying to do is to provide our female vode with a helmet that they can just paint and get on with, modding a rubies, from the discussions I've had with female mandos in PM, is a pain in the bottom for them so to speak and it seems like they have to settle for second best while their male counterparts have 4 different makers providing cast helmets of differing quality.

However, if you want to try the database thingy, I have created a thread here for mando tutorials :)

well in general the vinyl jango needs no mods. paint and wear. but for the smaller folks under 5'7 its a excellent size

well anythign not vinyl is better.

smooth on rocks my socks!!!

BUT...it is an excellent subsitute to get if your cash is low. the 30 dollar (USD) is unbeatable, untill you can get abotu a hundred bucks or so and get an excellent / better version.

id say it depends on what you're asking...and what head sizes they are for

Ah, well I'm making the 1:1 at £70 which is 3 layers of resin and a fiberglass layer plus postage at the mo. I doubt the femme one will be any more expensive and probably cheaper.

What's the height of the vinyl in inches?

The head size I am making it for depends on the answers I get here, I have a male noggin, so I am a bit stumped as to what size I should make the helmet. I was looking at taking 2 inches off the 1:1, is that too much or too little?

i believe the vinyl helmet had a 1" band removed from the middle. as in, from ear to ear under the ear caps. However in my opinion, this is very very small. i would say use the jango two piece helmet and make it that size. the vinyl is a wee bit smaller.

And what height from base to top is the Jango 2 piece?

I won't use the actual sale item as that's pretty much recasting, I'll be scratchbuilding again.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back