Oh Snap!!!

99centTaco

Active Hunter
Well ok, I don't even know how to start this one. Lately my buddy and I have been getting around to making a few leather bags in our spare time. Not just any bags, but remakes of the old Postal Mail Bags used by the USPS back in the 1960's.

We obtained a 1966 original bag which was badly beat up and took it apart and got down correct measurements as well as thicknesses and types of hardware. They came out looking pretty good.

A company known as J. Crew did the same bags, only offering them at nearly $800. My name is not J. Crew but we are happy getting what we wanted for them. Over the last month we have gotten many questions from people all over the world about them. Many saying that our bag was way better than that of the J. Crew. (made me smile) Many have seen the J. Crew in person, as well as a fashion critic in New York who said that our bag was " More inviting".

These bags were suppose to be just a couple of fun projects.

Well today I received an order for one. My website logs all customer information. I received one today that made one eyebrow go up. I read it and thought..."Nah....couldn't be..." After making a phone call to verify authorization (really to find out if it is who I think it is) it was confirmed..

I have an order for one of my bags to go to Bill Gates of Microsoft.
This is the biggest thing to hit me ever!!

My pics are not even professional yet...

I was planning on having this photographer shoot some photos in NY with some models and would hope that they would be ready for my new website design in a month or two.

And by the way, its been about a 2 month process but I've been playing around with a limited themed bag version.... you guessed it. A ESB Fett themed bag... I'll show some sneak peeks soon.

Don't mean to brag about this, but this is huge for me.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is AWESOME!!! Lets see some pics of the bag, even if they are just quick pics! Congrats on the sale!

First Postal Prototype....the kind Bill will be getting.
DSCF0224.gif

Sneak peeks at the ESB themed bag

The bag will contain, Jetpack rings to attach the shoulder strap to, Girth Belt Buckles for closing the flap down, ESB look alike ammo belt strap for shoulder strap, patch in center, and a few other details..

DSCF0020.gif

DSCF0022.gif

DSC00872.gif

Wow! First of all, "don´t mean to brag"? Man, that´s something you are so allowed to brag about!

And second, sign me up for a Fett bag!! ;)

congrats taco that is just way to cool and just think it only starts there. I cannot wait to see what this Fett bag looks like.

Well its a really big shocker for me. I mean, you figure that Bill would have someone else doing his shopping. And why my site? My site isn't the greatest thing in the world and still has some bugs to fix. So it shocks me to have this happen. I don't want to seem like those people who bug the heck out of famous people but I had to ask him how he came across my bag. He said he was referred by someone. I've never spent a cent on advertising, so I guess word of mouth works.

Way to go Taco ! That's not bragging when it's big news like that !

When you make a quality product, you deserve the success and the accolades.

Good for you ! I'm already talking myself into getting a Fett mailbag :)

It is still in pieces at the moment. I plan to use some Girth belt buckles on the bag as well as a few different things. Im still in the process of looking for buckles.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back