Jet Pack Harness Rig

Mojo Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys…

Well, a good friend of mine (Rob) and I have been busy.
I’d like to show you what we have been working on. :D
Accurate Boba Fett Jetpack Harness Rig.

After months and months of further R&D, I took some suggestions from a couple of members to only then go back to the drawing board again as some good info came to light before the final details were corrected down to the smallest dimple and welding, I’m really happy to announce that this little project is in production. I guess we will never need to upgrade untill we build a time machine and find the real deal...

Metal frame section replica.

roughassy.jpg

photo1.jpg

The harness is a replica dimensionally, in manufacturing materials and technique. Made from stainless steel and welded and fabricated using information collected from just about all known reference photos and material.
During the R&D for this project it became clear that the harness has both SCUBA AND breathing apparatus connections, both discussed for years in connection with the origins of the screen used harness. It’s believed the front section, webbing and buckle are from a SCUBA harness, (easily linked due to the US divers buckle, whilst the frame on the rear is likely to be from a breathing apparatus used by fire fighters. Here we can see that the frame size is not large enough for SCUBA and is much more likely to house the size used by fire fighters.

32e8b4fb.jpg

Interestingly, it would appear that the metal section is used back to front on the Boba harness as the harness is constructed in such a way that all the welding and manufacturing is displayed when worn this way round.

We hope you guys like it…

Some manufacturing shots... ;)

6b53ab56.jpg

74186d18.jpg

Finished piece...

1a1810e2.jpg

16097e4e.jpg

0dd051f0.jpg

Rob will pipe in on some of the finer details for the webbing etc... (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gav,
This is AMAZING work bro. I've been foaming at the mouth for this baby!!! You should be proud man. And oh yah, sign me up......

Very pleased with this so far, now I have to get sewing the soft parts. I will post more details over the next few days as I can, but happy to get these photos out there, this hasbeen in the pipe since before I started my packs! But it has come out better than I first thought, due mostly to Gav's comitment and attention to detail.

I will get some shots of the rig with a back plate tomorrow too.

Nice job, the talent of the members here is never ending. Is there going to be a run on these in the future? Count me in. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
give us prices!! ;) totally count this harness maker in...(y) great work as usual, fellas! :cheers

will this harness work with pretty much all the jetpacks being made right now?

This is really great. Research, execution, craftsmanship, just great. All-around, just really fantastic. :cheers

will this harness work with pretty much all the jetpacks being made right now?

D it should do. It has been made by researching the original and not with any one pack in mind, in fact yesterday was the first time it has been near a pack, funny thing was I only had one of mine laying around :lol:. I was quite pleased with how it married to the back, it all seems to add up as the greeblies in the recess stand proud of the pack, with this metal rig they have space and will not touch your vest etc (if you follow).

I am waiting on the bottom clips being finished and some other little details, but will get them posted as soon as.

Fantastic work.
This is a must have for anyone shooting for a film accurate set up.
Way to go guys!

Excellent work! If I already didn't have Dragonfetts harness from several years ago I would be so on this. He is NO LONGER making these, so I suggest that when these go into production everyone grab one. They will be the best jetpack harness you can possibly get and the most comfortable too. Mine supports the jetpack weight so well I hardly know I'm wearing it. Best of luck with this.;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back