Official Commitment List: Han In Carbonite

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
Im sure you have all seen my progres thread, the HIC is ready to start shipping. Located here:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=33299

Please read that thread carefully before asking questions, most have been answered there.

As originally stated it was to be between $300 and $500 shipped.

As of now, it looks like were looking at:

Front Flat Pours (No sides or boxes)
$375 for BLACK SHIPPED US
$400 for GUNMETAL SHIPPED US

Outside the us will be calculated by location.

It is possible to do the sides in the rubber too, but were looking at $200 more plus more shipping. (As of now, I have no electronic boxes to sell, but will work with someone to see if they want to vac form them. FP? You there bud? You want to do a run of vac formed boxes? I can make you an alum filled plug if you want).

If your going to just hang it on the wall or on a desk, buy the gunmetal, its very acurate. HOWEVER if your going to BUILD A FULL DISPLAY get the BLACK. It is cheaper, and will be much easier to paint. You wont be able to match the color of the gunmetal anyway,; black is better so you can paint the whole thing. Trust me on this.

Members here with few posts will need to have a verified address on their paypal.

Hard copies, can be purchased, but they cant be shipped. It will be local pickup only. Frontals at the same price. Full casts, with a foam backing for support around $700

Moving forward, please post here your interest and in what, and I will contact you with a PM for payment. I will tally the list here, and I will contact you the week your copy will ship. I do not hold money, accept down payments, or pre-payments.

If someone expresses an interest to buy, and I put them on the list, they should be ready for payment when I send the PM, else the next one on the list gets optioned.

I expect the mold to last for 10-20 pulls.

3 are poured/spoken for.

Thanks,
SR

LIST --------------------------------------------
DP74 GUNMETAL CAN SHIPPED
Firespray Pilot GUNMETAL US SHIPPED
Jedi Paramedic BLACK US
DSP 5500 BLACK SHIPPED
Sky Net BLACK SHIPPED
MIQT BLACK SHIPPED
Madrid Boba Black SHIPPED
boushhfan SHIPPED
SamGamgee Gunmetal + Fillers New York SHIPPED
Szlemm Undecided Australia SHIPPED
Ranger Chet MI/WI SHIPPED
musical fett SHIPPED

I think this is all of them remaining. if i missed you pm me. Ill be pming you guys below 3 at a time.

Lufo1138 Silver + Full pull? LA
lactard
jf_nilsson
gymbeau2000
MCKENIC Gunmetal IRE
fetts.Sobriquet

downinflames ??
geo ??

Ogait-Nas November
DeepCFett Gunmetal ON HOLD OCT 15

Heres the pulls. They will all be able to be trrimmed right at the edte of the textured area no problem. Which is thee best way to create your own or mount it on something.
hanfull.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to buy a black one since I would like to eventually do a full build up. Saying that it is easier to paint up the black, what color/s would be needed to finish it up with the side, once those are done up?

I "is" here :D

Need to talk to you about other matters we discussed last week anyway, so I'll give you a buz tomorrow and we can talk about the control boxes/panels too. I can do (y)

-Chris

I would like to buy a black one since I would like to eventually do a full build up. Saying that it is easier to paint up the black, what color/s would be needed to finish it up with the side, once those are done up?

The piece is uniformly a grey/black metallic. But it would be impossible to get the 'finish' uniform if you tried to match the box to the cast. Youll need to primer the entire piece, in order to get the proper finish.

The color and finish on the gunmetal is going to be next to impossible to match, and more to the point, paint doesnt stick well to it, because it bonds to the outer layer of the rubber, and creates a surface, for lack of a better way to say it, paint just doesnt like!.

The piece is uniformly a grey/black metallic. But it would be impossible to get the 'finish' uniform if you tried to match the box to the cast. Youll need to primer the entire piece, in order to get the proper finish.

The color and finish on the gunmetal is going to be next to impossible to match, and more to the point, paint doesnt stick well to it, because it bonds to the outer layer of the rubber, and creates a surface, for lack of a better way to say it, paint just doesnt like!.

So if I get the black will the paint stick to it? I realize I may have to primer the whole thing after it is all together, but I just want to make sure I'll be able to match the sides/boxes with the front when all is said and done.

Yes paint sticks to it. I use pactra paints. However, when you paint it, if you roll it up again it will crack. You need to lay it flat. if you want it extremely hard to the touch, youll want to back it with an expandable foam or other substance. Its very firm in places, and softer in others. It will hold its shape perfectly, but is still about the consistency of a rubber car mat in others (or it wouldnt bend to ship).

I need to contact FedEx and see how much more it is to canada. Ive never fed'ex'd to canada but the USPS isnt much more, so im hoping fed ex isnt either.

Ill check tonight/tomorrow and get these ready to roll.

PM sent, been in since the start. I've wanted one of these since i was a kid....
Black plus i'd like some side if they're ever made!
THX

If we can work out shipping to Ireland - Yes please!
Front Flat - GUNMETAL please.

Could I be down the list tho - need some time to build up the credit card :)

Ok,

Looks like because of the size of this, the postage is gonna suck. But its not as bad as I thought.

So, on a rough guess:

Most of europe: + 40
Most of canada: + 20
Australia: + 60
Austria: (looked up specifically) +40

The box is going to be 36 x 36 x 16 ish. Which most places dont like.

Itms will ship USPS or FedEx

That is a big box!

Shipping companies work to volume and weight which ever makes them most money, and they have a celling on this too.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back