Official Commitment List: Han In Carbonite

Update: This is very important. So read carefully please:)

I print from paypal, to ship. Its really important that the address in paypal is the right address. It provides a little protection for me, and it makes things a LOT easier.

Today, I had the post office send one of my han solos to IBM! Because I shipped it in a IBM box. A tech called me like "***?"

That one was bound for miama:( I havent looked yet who that is, but ugg, im hoping I can sort that out quickly.

The other, was one mailed to New york, in stead of BC. Which im sure is my fault.

Im working to get that straight.

Its just really important that the packages arrive. Becuase one or two packages lost in a project this size, can bankrupt it.

The one that went to IBM/CSC was the ONLY us pacakge without a delivery notification. Go figure right?

Ok, im going to go drown myself in the sink for a while.

SZLM yours shipped. I have a few problems going to spain. THey are REALLY tight on their customs, so i cant ship through my normal service. Madrid, ill pm you as soon as I get it out. Sorry for delay. I took it back out of the box today, and it doesnt have even a wrinke on it after being in the box for 3 days. Thats good news:angry)

And they are arriving places, and im hearing good things, so thats a good thing.

Well, heres one of the "good things", Ill chime in here and say that the HIC front is excellent. The pics dont do them justice and they will make AwEsOmE props. Rubber was definately the way to go with these. Cant wait to get started this winter along with my 2 mandos, and my TC armor.
Mike

Allright, recieved mine and...I'm stunned! Top noth quality, cast turned out great! Now starting building the box...and here are some questions that went up which may serve other members well:

Here's a quick'n dirty illustration done in MS Paint:
HICscetch.gif

That includes the major questions I have on the box.

People who have seen the actual prop say, that it has rectangular shapes, pure 90 degree angles on the sides. Is this the case on the Illusive Concepts too?

Now leaving the sides aside (huh!) and looking at the top...is the top side 90 degree angled or is it trapeziod?

The bottom must be 90 degree angled because otherwise it wouldn't stand on its own, but the top seem to be angled in a trapezoid shape. Is this the case on the screenused prop and/or the Illusive Concepts?

I want to make my box as screen accurate as possible, plz forgive my ****** english since I'm not good in technical language and I'm a german native speaker.

There is so much confusion and no nailed facts about the box shape.

Thanks in advance!!!

For anyone with HIC projects on the go and have the many questions that come with it: Go join the HIC builders club on Yahoo groups. Just fire
the moderator a short message and you're in. Most HIC questions will be answered here and its a good source for the other parts needed for HIC if you're not into scratch building everything. Us guys who are lucky enough to have a HIC front now and are thinking of a full build should start a thread here to bounce around ideas and share resources. Lets call it....
Building a HIC prop? Ill go create the thread and we can start sharing here on TDH. Thanks again SR for getting us started.
Mike

I have two 'seconds' that im going to put in the cargo hold. One is _thick_ but it has spots where its normal, which means the 'outer parts' dont lay perfect on a flat ground. Some tweaking when gluing it down ill need to occur, on the other hand, did I mention its THICK.

The other has two small blemishes in the silver, where the rubber is tacky. (two spots the size of a dime ish). If it were black, it would be sealed in, because its silver, you see them. If someone were to paint it, like a black one, it would be perfect.

It would be a good pull for someone wanting to make a full prop down the line, but wanting to display it for a while until then.

The thick one is over 20 lbs, which is 4 lbs heavier than a regular one.

They are both silver gunmetal.

Ill sell them for the price of regular black ones.

375 shipped US. They can ship monday. Ill leave this post here for a day or two then move it to the cargo hold, so anyone in line here, that wants to jump on the good deal, can have it.

I also have the SUPER silver one up top, that would make a SWEET desk, for 375.

These are all considered seconds for above reasons, the silver silver silver one, a little silver comes off on your hands when you rub hard. You dont see a change in the surface unless you use press REALLY hard with a cleaning liquid though.

But is perty in person, and a really nice bubble free cast. Post here if you want one.

The two seconds (thick and one with a small tacky spot) were for samgamgee and musical,

So, to reiterate:

I have boushhfans done to ship to australia monday
I have musicals ready to ship on monday
I have samgamgee's in the mold now, prob ship tuesday ( needs to cure a day or two before folding)
I have madrids ready to ship monday (I have problems sending to spain that I have worked out now, with paperwork: tight customs!)

I have THREE silvers to sell, ready to ship, as seconds for 375 (as stated above)

Received my HIC today :eek:. These came out INCREDIBLE!!! It is AWESOME!!! It is perfect and rugged. Rubber is definitely the way to go with these! Many thanks to Stormrider for putting his time, effort, skill, and patience into this project (y). Thank you for making this available to us, bro! I am more than pleased with mine! :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh thanks man. Means a lot to me. It really does. Most of the time, the projects I do here, im really worried people wont be happy with them.

Im glad you are.

For rubber, the hands and face, toes, and some of the body are pretty solid dont ya think?

UPDATE: NO MORE COLD CASTING SILVER!

Well, ive had two that turned out blemished. A third the wrong silver. Anyone thats cold cast, knows they are a pain in the arse. In this case, its over 100 in rubber, and 2-3 hours wasted, and i havent had any luck selling the slightly blemished ones for black prices.

Therefore, sadly, I have to say no more of them. I was going to charge $100 more, but that seems rude, even though in order to cover costs, time, and waste, its actually low, so I think im just going to not offer the silver(gunmetal) from here forward.

On that note, I have all the HICS' pulled and ready to ship out tomorrow. Thats the last of the paids, ill re-juggle the list, pm the rest the 'interested parties' and see where we lay.

The mold is showing signs of stress while demolding, but not in the pours yet. Its a little sticky in spots etc. Usually I get about 5-10 more at that point. Ill not keep one for myself if thre are interested people, but I dont think ill make another mold without 5-10 ready to buy. It was a tun of work and stress:)

Thanks,
m2

I havent sold the bright silver one yet. If you want it, its same price as the black.

After the ones I have poured are gone, they will all be black:)

The silver is pretty cool lookin. But if you paint it later, youll ahve to clean it really well, because the silver is really slippery. (a lot slippier than the black) but once cleaned, it is paintable no problem. But hard scrubbing dulls the surface.

Received mine today WOW, This is way better than i thought it would be. Cant wait to build the base for it. Thanks Stormrider :)
Rob

For those of you waiting, ULINE SWEARS my boxes will be here today so I can ship.

Ill let you all know as soon as they arrive.

Madrid, yours shipped yesterday morning.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back