New Jax City -multiple mando builds & FEMALE plates galore

will update tomorrow. finishing up about 5 mandos i think. only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was very late so forgot to have the fligthsuit on in these pics.

DSCN4610.jpg

DSCN4611.jpg

DSCN4612.jpg

also broke the last needle i had tonight. so had to stop sewing. vest will be completed this week sometime.

I still have some velcro to fix as well as add padding and more darts in various areas to make it fit better.

finished sewing the vest for the female sando-mando as someone called it today. these pics were taken BEFORE i did velcro mods as well as several more darts.... more pics tomorrow once Shado wakes up.

also started painting the helmet, but no pics yet...not worth pics at this point.

did a first test fit with the flight suit and vest and plates....

what do you think?

DSCN4622.jpg

DSCN4621.jpg

DSCN4618.jpg

DSCN4617.jpg

DSCN4614.jpg

DSCN4624.jpg

check out the work being done on this helmet for the 12yo girls mando armor, she now doing it all on her own.

DSCN4625.jpg

DSCN4626.jpg

Hey Bh, could you do a youtube tut on how you distress your armor. I really like how things look in your pics (this bucket) I am afraid to just go at it the way yours looks, I think I'd really screw something up.

I'm with adonian, that armor is amazing ( I have serious respect for anyone who does metal) but those gantlets are awesome! Are they made or bought? If made where did you get the patterns, if bought from who?

they are my spartan gauntlets frmo Halo.

i made them from paper and than fiberglassed them. too small for my masterchief so i gave them to lisa. they are alomst a year old of trooping. needs major repairs...

the flightsuit was altered, or prepared to be altered tonight,.

Looking Good! I have to say that yours is quite possibly the best weather work I have ever seen. So many people either go over the top with tons of big scratches, without putting the detail work into all the little small dings and scrapes that register subconsciously to make the armor look authentically worn, and or they are so even and symmetrical in their weathering that you can tell it's hand an it doesn't look really.

Yours on the other hand is varied, subtle, and asymmetrical. Major props.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back