Supreme Fett Costume

And here is the Gauntlets...

Notice the attention to detail on the keypad... Absolutely breathtaking!

And the right gaunt fit me about as well as it did the model in the press release photo.

And some side by side for scale.

More to come...

Trikaz

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

And last but not least... The rest of the armor.

They used rivets in the back armor to attach the jetpack. It fell off as soon as I pulled it from the box.

Disappointed is not the word I would use. Just use your imagination and I'm sure that you can come up with some creative thoughts to describe the Supreme Bobo Fett, now available for birthdays and parties.

Enjoy,
Trikaz

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

Wow...I´ve seen both the Vader and TK in real life and that´s a sad sight in itself. I hope I don´t have to encounter this thing in real life, it´d probably just ruin my day. Hehe.

It´s just a sad thing to ask for peoples money for this. The least they could do is pay someone something like $1000 to take these off their hands and disintegrate it.

I take back what I said about the jetpack...yikes. It's sad, I don't think you can even compare the st and vader to this garbage. And even they aren't anything to be proud of in the least bit.

return it. i've seen the cod armor in person, same material as a child's mask (like the one's in the early 80's). jumpsuit can not be washed i've heard. i could destroy the whole costume with one hand. they should charge 100.00. which would be good for one night. but for 7-8 hundred their breaking the law. rubies should be ashamed and take them back.

What gets me is how anyone could willingly put their name to something like this. This is really a new low. It's not even looking at it in comparison to anything here, but as a costume in general for the price they have it for, it's a ripoff. How anyone over at Lucasfilm could sign off on this and not realize the complete and utter disappointment and even resentment someone will have when they open the box and look at this POS is beyond me. It actually makes me want to write them a letter, that's how shocked and just....speechless I am about the lack of quality control on this one. The whole thing screams of "don't care, pack it and sell it" that it makes me sick....

As fans, isn't there anything we could do? Maybe put together a well written, well thought out letter and fire it off to someone over at Lucasfilm and make them aware of the horror show they are putting their name to and hopefully get it pulled or at least made better, somehow....?

J

Admittedly, this costume is what drew me to TDH in the first place. I had been wanting to build a Fett costume for the longest time and earlier this year the desire resurfaced. I began researching it and this costume came up as one of the first Google hits. However, after reviewing their photos, I was fairly skeptical as the quality of the build seemed very overpriced considering what was being offered. I thought to check it out in person at some point, but by then I had found TDH and havent considered it again since.

It's great to see these photos and confirm I made the right decision. Thanks!

Thanks trikaz for posting these pics. I hope you are not stuck with this suit. No disrespect intended, it looks pretty bad. You have probably saved quite a few people the heartache of trying this out for themselves. Again, thanks for posting these pics. Very informative! (y)

Admittedly, this costume is what drew me to TDH in the first place. I had been wanting to build a Fett costume for the longest time and earlier this year the desire resurfaced. I began researching it and this costume came up as one of the first Google hits. However, after reviewing their photos, I was fairly skeptical as the quality of the build seemed very overpriced considering what was being offered. I thought to check it out in person at some point, but by then I had found TDH and havent considered it again since.

It's great to see these photos and confirm I made the right decision. Thanks!

Same here I saw the costume on a site and was impressed at the time, so I started digging a bit and came across this site and never wanted to look back.. seeing detailed pictures of that Frankenstein's monster of a suit makes me sick.

Thanks trikaz for posting these pics. I hope you are not stuck with this suit. No disrespect intended, it looks pretty bad. You have probably saved quite a few people the heartache of trying this out for themselves. Again, thanks for posting these pics. Very informative! (y)

Unfortunately I am stuck with it.

It all started with an invite to a costume party for Halloween, I thought why not be Boba Fett. I was a ST last year (Rubies) and while it's not the best, it is good for a party. So I figured why not give the Supreme Boba a shot. That was the worst mistake I've ever made my whole life. As soon as I opened the box I couldn't believe my eyes. I call the company I bought the ****** thing from and was told "If it's not factory sealed then I can't return it." I wanted to cry... I think my cat could have done a better job.

That started the mad dash to try and bandage a bullet wound. I've found amazing pieces here from some great members, and now the only part of the costume I'm stuck with is the jumpsuit, vest, and shin tools. I'll replace them soon but can't get it done before Halloween.

I still have alot of work left before next Sat. (Gauntlets are held shut with rubber bands, need to weather, and paint jetpack) but I'm more confident tonight than I was 2 weeks ago. And while it's not screen accurate, it will be a hit at the party.

So I have essentially a $700.00 fight suit, flak jacket and some poorly made shin tools.

Lesson learned
Trikaz

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Been wondering about this myself, thanks for posting these pics Trikaz! It is a shame that R****s can sell something so lacking in quality and pride of workmanship for upwards of $699-$900 bucks! Tonight, I went to my 7 yr. old son's Fall Festival event at his school and wore my ROTJ Fett. Everyone was so amazed to see the quality and the authenticity of the costume that they wanted to touch the armor and knock on it to see if it is real. At first I was worried that they might think that it's a R****s version, but now that I've seen these untouched pics, I'm not worried at all anymore. Please support our in-house prop makers because these atrocities that are mass produced out there, is the reason why we have our own talented artisans working hard to make authentic replicas of our favorite SW characters.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think we should all contact them. everymember. mostly everyone who buys this costume gets it from ebay, and most likely they don't accept returns. there are shops that ordered these costumes and are now stuck with them. as you can see they were for 900 now i see them for 600. i've seen this costume it was put together with hatred. i support a ban on r****s. to rip people off like this is inhuman. on a good note when i saw this costume on e-bay in 0ctober 2 this year, i thought i always liked boba fett i think i'll be him for halloween. after research i found this site. now i'm hooked.

It sucks you had to find out this way. Think of all the people on here you're gonna save with the real photos.

But if you keep to cell phone photos, you're golden haha! If any one at the party gives you **** about the suit just smash their skull in with your rifle. You gotta take out your Rubies-aggression somehow. :)

Unfortunately I am stuck with it.

It all started with an invite to a costume party for Halloween, I thought why not be Boba Fett. I was a ST last year (Rubies) and while it's not the best, it is good for a party. So I figured why not give the Supreme Boba a shot. That was the worst mistake I've ever made my whole life. As soon as I opened the box I couldn't believe my eyes. I call the company I bought the ****** thing from and was told "If it's not factory sealed then I can't return it." I wanted to cry... I think my cat could have done a better job.

That started the mad dash to try and bandage a bullet wound. I've found amazing pieces here from some great members, and now the only part of the costume I'm stuck with is the jumpsuit, vest, and shin tools. I'll replace them soon but can't get it done before Halloween.

I still have alot of work left before next Sat. (Gauntlets are held shut with rubber bands, need to weather, and paint jetpack) but I'm more confident tonight than I was 2 weeks ago. And while it's not screen accurate, it will be a hit at the party.

So I have essentially a $700.00 fight suit, flak jacket and some poorly made shin tools.

Lesson learned
Trikaz

I'm so sorry to hear that you're stuck with it. But in all honesty, that outfit you put together doesn't look very bad at all. Maybe if you dirty up and weather the vest and flightsuit you'll feel even better until you can replace them. I want to apologize if anything I said made you feel worse, I had no idea you were actually stuck on keeping it. Although now that makes me angrier because you even stated just how much your heart sank when you opened it. I know how you feel, I've had that sinking feeling when plunking down a good chunk of change only to get the complete opposite of wot I thought I woz getting as I'm sure everyone here has at one point or another, and I'm sure we all will again, but we all have our expensive lessons to learn at some point in our lives. The important thing is, you're making the absolute best of it, it looks great for wot you need it for right now, and, well, now you know....and knowing is half the battle. ;)

Good luck!

J

Oh, my!

I never had any ideas on buying one of these, as I've got a great suit almost finished, but my curiousity was killing me.

I really wanted to see how the finished product would look. Oftentimes the final version is better than the prototype. In this case, the real deal just sucks donkey dongs.

I wonder which parts they beleive were cast off the original costume. That jetpack looks really rough.

Sorry you were the one but thanks for posting the pics!

Dang, sorry to hear how the situation evolved, Trikaz.

To be fair, it wouldn't be too terrible a costume for the person looking for that quick, one-stop, wear-it-once BF costume. It's the price that smarts. After your party, you might be able to get back some of your money by Ebay-ing this costume at a discounted price (though the interest in it might be slow until Halloween next year).

It looks like you've found some lemonade in the lemons - good on ya for that.

Damm it man! How do these people sleep at night (or ever)? Never in my wildest dream would I have thought it could get that bad. I feel for you. I bought the Rubies Vader several years back and had to modify it heavily and repaint the mask, but I don't even think you could get there from here with the Fett. Thanks for sharing (painful as it may be).

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back