WIP: Sidewinder ESB blaster almost done!

cr4nky

Hunter
Here´s some work done on my Sidewinder blaster. Had the day off, so I got it slapped together. Just needs some sanding and minor puttying and then it´s ready for priming.

Added some details with screws and also the real molex connectors and rela Heiland flashtube.

Enjoy!

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I´ve primed it, and come Monday I´ll be going to get the paints I need to start work on this baby.

Hm.. I´m at sort of a challenging point here. The rifle is ready for the first layer of paint, but I can´t decide if I´m going to do a silver layer before the black (which I´ll be misting gunmetal over) or if I should go with the "metalizing" technique the guys use at www.sci-fire.com

Anyone have any tips here? What have you guys who´ve painted up rifles done with yours?

I´ve used the metalizing with ok results on my E-11 before.

I was hoping someone can help me out here. I have painted the black on the blaster with humbrol enamel. Will acrylics work on top of that? I have a vallejo gunmetal acrylic that I can use in stead of getting more paint and doubling up so to speak.

Here´s the latest progress. Finished the matte black, then did a misted layer of gun metal, added some rust and misted flat black on top of that again.

Still have to do the woodgraining on the stock and then clear cote it.

DSC_0001-11.jpg

DSC_0002-10.jpg

Looking great bro keep up the good work. Looking to get one of sidewinder's kits in the near future.

Finally something more to show from my EE-3 build.

Some minor tweaks here and there and it´s done. The flash brought out the grimey black I added to the stock a lot. It´s not nearly as noticeable in normal daylight. Same with the rust.

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

Got some updated shots of the final weathering on my rifle. Just have some more grimey black and brown to mist over the scope tomorrow and some red on the greeblies.

The flash kinda ruins the weathering effect, it´s a lot more subtle in normal light. I´ll try to get some pics outside tomorrow.

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back