Getting too fett for regular clothes... first armor on the way!

Menok

New Hunter
Hey guys, this is my.... thisrd post (I think) on this forum, and I've already decided to make my own armor. Gonna do it from a Garbage can, and already got (some) of the materials. As soon as work slows down a bit (working 10-12 hour shifts, crazy) it's off to cutting and shaping :D

I don't want to make the "classic" Boba/ Jango style supercommando armor... wanna go for a more complete suit (2 peice chest instead of 4) that offers more "protection"

I have absolutely no ide what so ever on how to make the bucket... guess I'll face that problem when I get there :rolleyes
But I don't want it to be exactly like the boba/jango helmets I want something along the lines of the new TOR bounty hunter helmet, but with a Mandalorian T visor.

I might be a tad too optimistic though...

Well, it sounds cool to me! I'd start with some doodling even if you don't draw. But I like the idea. Plan, plan, plan, Menok! :D

And welcome to TDH! I'm Ordeyn, btw.

Oh I like to draw... just not a good time right now at 2 AM...

I am lucky enough to be working at an Office 1 Superstore where I got the garbage can on a 40% discount, but with all my working, there's hardly anytime for anything other than jump in bed and go post in various different Interwebs.

Oh, and By the way, have you noticed any other Icelanders on this forum... if so there are like 50% chances that I know him/her somehow...

Well, it's really just the dome that's causing me headache... I've been thinking about a skater helmet , but not sure how I'd go about attatching it to the rest of the bucket / mask

find an army navy surplus store, then just buy a helmet liner, usually mde of carbon fiber i think. thy also usually have suspensionfor the head so thers not contact between the head and helmet. only problem is there shaped a bit odd, more oval than round so it might be a little "fun" to make it work. but its what im using and so far im happy.also cause its suspended, you got room for a bunch of circuts and **** if u wanna throw a radio or walkie talkie in there lol

o and when cutting it to the shape, i had to use an angle grinder with a dimond cutting disk cause i guess the adhesive in the carbon fibers can melt and it got basically brown napalm on my arm, not fun, but with that dimond disk it was fine. only real problem with the helmet liner is that it makes the whole thing a lil heavier. not a big problem cause my full helm is metal anyway, o and the liner cost me like 12-13 us dollers. and for the record yea the liner is ridged, some people get confused when i say liner, they think some cloth thing.

Nope, don't know how to make a bucket... good at designing kit tho, check out my Custom Mando Art thread. :D I'm a busy artist... but I'll be happy to help out with whatever I can.

find an army navy surplus store, then just buy a helmet liner, usually mde of carbon fiber i think. thy also usually have suspensionfor the head so thers not contact between the head and helmet. only problem is there shaped a bit odd, more oval than round so it might be a little "fun" to make it work. but its what im using and so far im happy.also cause its suspended, you got room for a bunch of circuts and **** if u wanna throw a radio or walkie talkie in there lol

Yeah, I live in (n)iceland... no military stores here...

I pretty much picked a helmet to go with for the dome.

6105-00_2-flat-black.jpg

6105-00-flat-grey.jpg

I'll use... something to fill up the holes in it... any suggestions as to what is good to use to keep the texture of the helmet intact?

that's a good helmet... we have something like that that's standard issue to the guys who need protection against BFI instead of ballistic protection.

So I finished making the designs for my torso, both front and back. As you can see the chest is based on the regular True Mandalorians supercommando armor (Jango, Boba)
I want to go for segmented plates for the gut, but it might be both expensive and time consuming. Also I might redesign the back plate if not only to look a little cooler, but this is my first draft.
The grey lines indicate where color changes are.
Oh and sorry about it being a screenshot, it just seemed simpler than rendering it for a JPEG

3853669803_65a23a026b_o.png

Nice looking color scheme there vod. Tell you the truth looks like you are heading in for the christmas colors LOL! But overall it is looking really good. Can't wait to see more of the progress on this.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back