Ralph McQuarrie ESB Logo

DW Design

Active Hunter
I was looking at a book I recently purchased at Comic Con.
It is the Japanese version of the Art of Ralph McQuarrie.
In it there are several pages of sketches Ralph did for patches, belt-buckles and t-shirts for the ESB crew.
I thought it would be fun to updated the idea and finish the Fett logo.
Attached are the McQuarrie original sketches as well as my versions of what the logo could have been...
Darren
ESBLogos.jpg

ESBFettLogo.jpg

ESBFettLogoBW.jpg

ESBFettLogoC.jpg

Nice!

I'm dying to get my hands on this book. Any other Fett sketches? I know they have found tons of sketches never before published. And most are on this book.

It's a great book. They were selling them for $40.00 at the Star Wars pavilion. It also came with a small BW English translation of the book. The smaller book just has page numbers so you can match them up.
Darren

Any plans to make these into patches etc? (y)

Not me but if someone would like to make it a shirt, I can send them the vector files. I would just ask for a couple of shirts for me.
I think it would look great as a weathered/distressed vintage style t-shirt.
Darren

T's is not a bad idea? but can I just offer one little critique? isn't the corner of eyes meant to be rounded rather than the squared version of the later lids we see now?

T's is not a bad idea? but can I just offer one little critique? isn't the corner of eyes meant to be rounded rather than the squared version of the later lids we see now?

Yes, it should be. I wanted to kind of keep it like this illustration McQuarrie did for the Star Wars Fan club. I believe this painting was done after the ESB was released.
DW

McQFett.jpg

No worries, ya kinda assume allot of things when looking at previous pics? my bad.. and kudos to you to keeping to the sketches... *goes off to see how much a printed T would be* ;)

Oh.. .and any thoughts or progress on the sketches on the left upper? I like the middle version personally? ;)
I ask as I have that stuff that you can print onto and then iron onto any T-shirt? do you have that stuff there?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back