My WIP pictures... Pic heavy!

If you're going to use the laser tag stuff, could I suggest that you do something to make it look a bit different to painted laser tag stuff. I think I read somewhere that people trooping are getting kids recognising some of the stuff they are wearing because they have the same thing at home and it's not quite starwars to have kids name the items that make up your outfit.

Feel free to ignore my advice, it's your suit after all, but I hope you can see that, despite any budget, if you want to do it, it's best to make it your outfit, not an outfit of parts you found.

If you're going to use the laser tag stuff, could I suggest that you do something to make it look a bit different to painted laser tag stuff. I think I read somewhere that people trooping are getting kids recognising some of the stuff they are wearing because they have the same thing at home and it's not quite starwars to have kids name the items that make up your outfit.

Feel free to ignore my advice, it's your suit after all, but I hope you can see that, despite any budget, if you want to do it, it's best to make it your outfit, not an outfit of parts you found.

he he actually its very starwarsy for kids to name the items of star wars outfits :D i remember when i was little i knew what they used for Hans gun :D freaked my mom out too. but i know what you are saying and i was planning on doing more to the star sensor but the gun... not so much, it already has a scope and it looks sleek so if i add anything to it it will look odd. i am thinking of painting the bottom barel at the end the same as the star sensor (a hammered metal) but not quite sure yet. also that older lazer tag stuff is almost 30 years old i don't think many "kids" would have them much less know what they are :lol: as for the newer lazer tag stuff im changing them quite a bit, and to be honest i don't think they were made for kids :facepalm these things are huge and quite heavy, i was actually surprised when i opened them up.:p

if you have any suggestions though on what i could add to anything please let me know!! any and all help is greatly appreciated :D

Well a strip over the centre of the sensor to cover the triangular marks, some knicks and knacks from other pieces, like radios, calculators and other toys. It depends which era your mando will be from, if it's the Empire era then everything is functional and a bit clunky as compared to the graceful look of the old republic era.

Perhaps you could put a hand grip and hold, like the pistol grip on one side, if it's a translator perhaps it was designed to be held. You could even ad wires and an arial so it can pick up wireless frequencies. Things like that, think about how it works and what it would viably need to work and see if you can find a neat way to fit it into the overal design.

That's the fun thing about creating anything :)

Well a strip over the centre of the sensor to cover the triangular marks, some knicks and knacks from other pieces, like radios, calculators and other toys. It depends which era your mando will be from, if it's the Empire era then everything is functional and a bit clunky as compared to the graceful look of the old republic era.

Perhaps you could put a hand grip and hold, like the pistol grip on one side, if it's a translator perhaps it was designed to be held. You could even ad wires and an arial so it can pick up wireless frequencies. Things like that, think about how it works and what it would viably need to work and see if you can find a neat way to fit it into the overal design.

That's the fun thing about creating anything :)

ha ha at first i thought you were talking about the gun and was like...What sensor:confused:confused:confused he he then i realized you wer talking about the translator

B^) the grip thing sounds cool but its more like Lowbaca's where is just clips on the belt (or later on in the books he got repulseor jets and was able to fly around on his own) the ida was its a droid much like C3PO and can talk and hold a convo if it so pleases :D

i was thinking about an antina of some sort on the side or back and like i said i plan on adding more paint to it to help make it look a bit different. what i would like to do is get sum retractable wires to put into it for the sliceing part but im not sure what kind of ends to put on them or if it woud even fit inside B^)

:D:D:D hey everyone! just a quick update... i just got in my last gun (its my riffle) and MY ARMOR!!! i haven't taken pics of anything yet seeing as i JUST got home from the post office and opened up the boxes. i must say i am super impressed with this armor!!!! :eek: :love :love (y) its fiber glass and it looks beautiful even unpainted!!! once i get permission from the seller ill let you guys know where i got it from... wow this is supper! any ways im going to try and take sum pictures now... kinda bigger than my other things so not sure how im gunna do this but hopefully ill have them up soon B^)

:cheers

edit: the person i got the armor from is 502smallblock on ebay. GREAT WORK!!!! i would recommend him to EVERY ONE!!! look him up over there and send him an email asking about unpainted armor! he only sells painted on ebay. but his unpainted is cheaply priced and is great quality!! im resizing pics right now so there will be pics soon!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok here are the pics of the new Riffle and Armor

first up is the Riffle...
3882985016_bf22ccb6c6.jpg

3882984982_6aed49b5e1.jpg

Its a bit more beat up than i thought :( but the dang thing still works :p
I plan on cutting off the second handle and repainting it black to match the two pistols

next up is the armor

3882984936_44610abbf8.jpg

Chest and Hand Armor

3882190741_0085a95c1f.jpg

Sholder bells, Neck and chest diamond

3882984876_2e56f2db7b.jpg

Cod and butt-plate

3882984840_561aecc622.jpg

and last is the back-plate :D

i cant wait to get started on primering and painting!!!! :lol:lol::lol:

this is sum great armor by the way the pics don't do it justice! at all. it looks and feels great! :D

Was out running around today picking up paint and looking for masking fluid. Got both and i was close to a yarn store (Jo-ann fabric store he he) i thought i would stop in and see if they had a pattern for a jumpsuit... as i was pulling into the parking lot it hit me that there was an army navy store down the street so i thought i would check there first. well i was surprised to find one that fit and that was under 50 bucks :D i also found an ammo belt there for 15 so i got an ammo belt and a jumpsuit for 50 bucks and i picked up extra paint and the masking fluid. :D

now i need to find a pattern for the vest or find some one that can make one B^) and ill almost be there. (y)

welp due to having to work over time the past two weeks i haven't made much progress. the only thing ive been able to do is work on the starlight pro riffle, i cut the front grip off and covered the two holes, and i have primered it. i also cut the slots out of the back armor for backpack straps. and that's about it. :cry i did get my T visor in the mail today so ill be drilling the holes for that o and i got the screw thingys :p (forget what they are called, i know they have a city's name but for the life of me i cant remember it) my knees and a new RF should be arriving today or tomorrow so im happy about that as well :D i almost have every thing i need other than electronics for helmet and chest LED. its raining here now so i cant get out the bondo just yet to work on other guns and helmet :cry nor the fiberglass :cry:cry

i saw this one chest LED that a guy had over in the cargo hold and it looked awesome!! just gotta figure out how he did it or what he used :confused

also is there a pattern for a flack vest anywhere?? ive looked at MM but didn't see it... then again i miss things right in front of my face all the time he he but if any one knows of one and could point me in the right direction that would be supper great!!! B^)

i did get my T visor in the mail today so ill be drilling the holes for that o and i got the screw thingys :p (forget what they are called, i know they have a city's name but for the life of me i cant remember it)

Chicago screws. :p;):D And that's looking good!!! I like the rifle!!! Add greebles!!! (y)

:cheers
A'den

gotta love greebles :)

ok gotta ask... just what is Greebles??? is that just another word for bits and bobs??? :p

as for the riffle i dont think ill be adding much to it...maybe try and make a cover for the switches on the side but thats about it B^(

i went to the yarn store again with my grand mother (she needed to get sum more yarn :p ) and i found sum nice looking fabric for a flack vest, two different kinds of fake leather. i think it might look good with the armor and jump suite. i just need to find a darn pattern to make it from :p

more over time for the next 3 weeks so prolly not much more will take place B^( i hope the rain stops here so i can put another coat of primer on the riffle and do first coat on armor. i may ask a friend of mine if i can bring my bucket over to his house and barrow a spot in his garage to do sum glassing and then bondo it a bit. i really want to be finished by October. im so close to having all my parts i can almost smell it :lol:

also have an idea for my helmet that i would like to run by yall.... ive been trying to think of something to add to it to make it....well different and since im using a lot of the old laser tag stuff i thought of kinda incorporating the logo onto my helmet... basically taking the W looking logo and cutting it in half so there is a triangle in the middle with a sideways diamond on either side. i was thinking of using mat board so it sticks out a little bit. what do yall think?? ill try and draw it on the helmet template and post the pic on here... but im not to good at drawing strait lines in photoshop :p

o P.s. what should i use for a gurth belt err. i think i used the wright name for it... i think i read some where that someone used climbing rope to make one... but how to you take it off and on?? just wrap it up to put it on each time and unwrap it when you want to take it off?? so confused he he

A greeble is a small piece of detailing added to break up the surface of an object to add visual interest to a surface or object :D

no problem :D

A good example would be the greebles on bobas blaster :/ sorry, i tried but i couldnt find you a decent pic

I would search around to find some stuff, preferably in the Cargo Hold :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back