What do you think?

sintas

New Hunter
Hi, Everyone

I have yet another question. What do you think of glassfiber. I mean does it crack, all the general questions about this. I have looked at a set of gauntlets made out of this. So please be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes fiberglass can crack, but for gauntlets its a suitable material. Fiberglass is great for the kind of stuff we do, better and stronger than vaccume formed styrene and other plastics but by no means is it indestructible, it will crack under pressure.

I personally would rather have fiberglass armor over vaccum formed armor. Yes thats how the move armor was done but for trooping and what not the fiberglass would probable last longer under the wear and tear

Fiberglass gets much more strength when it is curved. That is why you see panels that are corrugated like cardboard. It can be weak if it is thin, flat or planar. Things like gauntlets that are curved are ideal in fiberglass.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back