New She Fett here on Dented Helmet!

Jezebelle

New Hunter
Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself on here. I'm out in L.A. and am working on a Chick Fett costume! I have went to college for fashion design & costuming as well as art, and thought it'd be fun to tackle a new Star Wars project that'd be something different. I have my 96 Don Post helmet that I cut the visor out of to begin that, and I'm working on the patterns for the armor right now sized to fit my shape from the template guide. I'll be heading to the garment district in Los Angeles for the right fabric shades next week. So, I'm here for inspiration, hints and general banter. I hope to meet more costumers on here!!

~Jezebelle

hooray and welcome!

sounds pretty close to what I'm doing actually . My DP 96 is in the mail. I don't have a fashion background so I'm struggling a bit with the soft parts (and they won't be the same as the inspirational sculpture), but I bet yours will be killer!

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Hiya Jess!

Nice to meet ya here! I think your costume will be great, and honestly, I think the statue is a unique starting point. Just go from there to make it your own! What are you working on right now? How's it been going?!

I want to add the jetpack to mine, just for the hell of it, but I might just order or buy one pre-made as that would be a lot of time to create... I like this sculpture, so I'm trying to accomplish the Chick Fett below.
shefett01.jpg

I'm hoping to be done by December, so we'll see how that goes! If you need any input about the soft parts, just message me though! Where are you at in Canada? I've been a hopeless hockey fan since junior high, and actually had a friend get me counted as living with her in the last Canadian census. hehe

Yay team!

~Jez

haha yah, we are working from the same source image, but I'm going to change some of the colours on the soft parts and go for a panel-effect on the top (I'm drafting a pattern from my wetsuit

I'm sort of working on all stages at once. I've got to get it done for hallowe'en and if I want to upgrade it or make it more accurate to the statue after that, then I will. I'm gonna do a smaller jetpack out - I've got it marked out at about 80% scale on cardboard and will be keeping my eye open at work for the greebles I'll need.

right now, I'm kind of waiting for stuff in the mail but on the weekend I did a lot of work on the blaster. cardboard and drywall filler so far. also need to grab some primer as my rattlecan black is way too shiny for the gun.

I'm in British Columbia, on Vancouver Island right now, though I lived the last 7 years in Vancouver and go there often. Where in Canada do you 'live' (according to our census)?

I might have some questions about dye and bleach down the road and I'm sure I'll send them your way!

hey vite! turn on your chat box! quickly, befroe i glue my fingers together and can't chat

Hi Burnsey! Glad you found your way onto here, too! Hopefully we newcomers can learn a lot and offer some input while we are at it! What costume are you working on?

RotJ Boba for me - in the very early stages.

I already troop with a Jedi costume, but there's none cooler than Boba.

Gotta say the costume you're working on sounds amazing, can't wait to see it! :)

And any advice you have or info to share, send it my way please! Us Noobs gotta look out for each other right? lol

Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself on here. I'm out in L.A. and am working on a Chick Fett costume! I have went to college for fashion design & costuming as well as art, and thought it'd be fun to tackle a new Star Wars project that'd be something different. I have my 96 Don Post helmet that I cut the visor out of to begin that, and I'm working on the patterns for the armor right now sized to fit my shape from the template guide. I'll be heading to the garment district in Los Angeles for the right fabric shades next week. So, I'm here for inspiration, hints and general banter. I hope to meet more costumers on here!!

~Jezebelle
If you need lights or anythink electronic for your suit let me know Ben from Chicago

I jumped on here last week, everyone you come across is really helpful. i just got my armor primed today. need to rebuild my bucket lol fun fun fun. i put the visor to high.

picture.php

Back to the drawing board for me.
-Jaycen

Welcome a aboard ladies, My name is Adonian, I see Jason has already said Hi (I'm a little late getting to the party :) ).

It's nice to see Fem'mando's who want to do the stylized pose and not just the practical armor.

To help you ladies along, you can search the trash can armor tutorials, I have made like 7 sets of plates using 2 1/2 cans.

The bucket can be done with the WOF templates and cerial boxes or priority mail envelopes FREE!!! and resin/glass.

you ladies can do it, be patient and persistant.

I'll subscribe to this thread and keep up with you. If you need any help feel free to ask. If I don't know, I will find out and help you out.

EDIT: Remember when you start your WIP, post a link to it so I can follow you there. ;)

Welcome. Cant wait to see it. Think you just took my fiance's focus off of a Boush suit and onto this. Not sure if there's room for two Fetts in one house. :p lol

Hello, I´ám making my Jango costume but I want too make a Mandalorian costume to my girlfriend, somebody can publish or give some reference of Mandalorian womans images?? thanks.....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back