Considering making a few Jango Girth Belts. Any interest?

darthdav

Active Hunter
Small run is beginning. Each belt is $250 shipped (extra shipping charge for international orders). Pictures below are the first version. New version differs a bit (see photo in other post). More current photos to come.

PM if interested I would like to get started with a few by Friday so if you want one, let me know ASAP.

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
put me down for one as well

and if i may add i like how yours does not have the background cardboard on it

It's not cardboard that the backing you speak of is made of. It's actually a leather backing, and it helps to keep all of the leather braids together and in place.

Do they hold together well? I'm interested. I hate the lack of flexibility in my current belt. Also, say some of us go through periods of rapid weight loss/gain, how difficult is it to adjust these?

Do they hold together well? I'm interested. I hate the lack of flexibility in my current belt. Also, say some of us go through periods of rapid weight loss/gain, how difficult is it to adjust these?

Yes, they hold together well. A LITTLE overlapping of the braids now and then but I think it is worth it for the flexibility. I loved wearing it, I could actually bend over to tie my... boot. ;)

As for sizing it, it is made to fit. I am considering adding some elastic to around the attachment in the back but there is not a lot of room for that sort of thing to make it accurate looking. Still, the braids to stretch a little bit to help you wear it after a particularly big meal or something :lol:

I am going to start off making two. one for TampaFett and one for TGaines107. After those are done, I will see how many more I am able to to make. I will know in a week or so how many more I can make. Thanks!

Update and checking in!

Hey all, just wanted to check in. I want you all to know am still making these but I had some setbacks with family visiting and a few other things- ya know. "Real life"! :lol:

Also my leather supplier no longer has the exact kind of leather I previously used so I am going to have to go to another supplier.

The tough part is to find that sweet spot between cost and accuracy. I am looking at braids being about 6MM each. This is a bit smaller than the one you see above but they LOOK fantastic. To make sure the belt is wide enough to look good and accommodate a gun belt and pouch belt i would have to go with about 25 rows of braids (instead of the 20 in the original belt I made). Maybe a few more. Here is a picture of the braid I am talking about. I have stacked a few to get an idea of what it would look like. The figure next to it is for scale!

I just wanted to check to make sure there would be interest in a belt made with this.

braids.jpg

Yes i'd still be very interested, i was the 6th person to ask for one so what are the chances of increasing the amount of belts avaliable as this is my last item i need :p

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back