Mandalorian helmet/armor in progress.

I have actually more time than I spend on my armor, which I am ashamed of...
Anyways, I still need to polish my helmet up...added a few more stripes and things in.
It definitely won't be top notch, or even middle notch...
It's gonna be cheap, and...not well painted, as I'm not very good at that stuff.

Righto...
I got my 'gauntlets'.
How do I modify these hockey knee guards to make them mando?

One of my gauntlets.jpg

Here we are:
The costume so far.
Helmet is a jango two-piece, and the gaunts I told you about....chest and collar armor is made out of acrylic plastic, along with the elbow guards (not shown, but they're there)
Hope ya like it, all those of ye interested!

My mando costume so far.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....you are doing well but it seems that your chest plates are....how should I say a little small. Overall they look good but it seems that are just a tad small to fit.

I hope they're not too small...that would be a shame.
They cover my chest, an upper abdomen...then I have a belt cover the middle abdomen, and the codpiece (In construction) Would cover the lower parts...
You're probably right, though.
Shame.

Well, I feel like saying every swearword there is in 3 languages, but I'll refrain...
I'll post another pic soon.
Anyway, they'll have to do, because my dad is NOT going to buy more plastic for me, apparently. Nor is he going to cut anything else up.
Oh balls.
They'll have to work.
Well, shin pieces wouldn't bend enough, so they became thigh pieces, and look much better that way.
Oh yes, and I'm afraid school is starting for me, so I'm now only allowed on the computer on weekends...though I may 'secretly' check in now and then from the library.
That's it for now.
Thanks for all the help/constructive criticism offered.

Scratch the sentence on lines 3+4 and 5...he is cutting up more chest plates as we speak.
I was told that I can just space them a bit farther apart, see if that works out better.
Will be trying...but I doubt that it will work.

THanks, everyone!
ioelus: How much do most trashcans cost, and how long would it take to heat them up enough to cut with scissors?
*incredulous gape*

Django: Your gauntlet idea is great, and with a few 'bits and bobs' from the dollar store, I'll probably be able to make something cool.
I'm using acrylic paint, will that stick on the plastic and make it opaque, or will the letters and colors still show up?
(BTW, nice spray-painted maverick in the background, I wish I were old enough to buy spraypaint, and my mom never gets it for me...)

Saz, what kind of 'bits and bobs' exactly? I know dollartree has lots of stuff, but most of it will fall apart the second you take the plastic stuff.

Fractal-fett, what on earth is sav-on, and what's powerade?(I will P.M. you as soon as I figure out how :D.

dont use scissors on the trash can use a dremel leave a little excess then sand down to the line. oven at 350 degrees, put one piece in at a time. 2 minutes thats it. it will be really really hot wear gloves have a bucket of ice water or cold water running bend to shape then dunk. will instantly cool in the new form.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back