Mandalorian helmet/armor in progress.

2 piece means two pieces....I'm guessing one piece or deluxe is my first choice, then?
Lens?! You mean a magnifiying glass, or what?
HOw do I strengthen them? I was gonna put acrylic paint on to mod it, in hopes that it would somewhat shield the helmet from the sun...

ALrighty, since I can't find the two-piecers, and when I do, they cost about 60 bucks, I'm getting a 'mask?' by rubies which will hopefully go around my head completely, instead of being one of those incredibly cheap clone trooper masks that only cover the face.

Panicked 'cause of what you said...I got the deluxe jango mask, then thought it only covered the face or something dumb, so it got cancelled...
I think I'm gonna stop shopping for helmets for today, as my heart is kinda still in overheat.
I'll check out the discount costumes, though.

umm...the first one is prob gonna go up to 60 bucks, (my estimate) and the second has a way more expensive shipping fee than I'd like. Thanks for the suggestion, though...
What's wrong with the second?

umm...the first one is prob gonna go up to 60 bucks, (my estimate) and the second has a way more expensive shipping fee than I'd like. Thanks for the suggestion, though...
What's wrong with the second?

if the 1st one (one that is at $6.00 right now) gets to 60 bucks I will walk to work.

the 1st one says adult, but it is not. it is the size that will fit a 10yr old You can tell it is the small kid one cause the range finder is sticking to the bucket.

Stay away from that one.

The other 2 that are for 36 bucks are the same mask. Says "snap" together . It is the 2 part mask. May be a bit big on you. But far better then the P.O.S 1st bucket

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Chances are you already have the answers you were looking for from me. The trash cans that several people have used here are ones you can get at Wal-mart. I think I got one or two for $12, maybe 15. I don't know how long you'd have to heat it to cut with scissors--I think you'd probably kill your scissors trying. You listed 30 secs above, so maybe someone answered that for you. I used both a craft knife (takes a lot of patience and care not to snap a piece of plastic and not cut off your finger), and tin snips (which might be an item you'd have to buy, or one might be hiding in the garage--your folks might already have one).

A few Mandos here have used wraps as part of their outfits--they lend a certain look to your gear that you should consider as a whole. As I said to someone else recently: remember that Mandalorians are soldiers. What is the purpose of the wraps? Soldiers in the past have used the equivalent of wraps on their lower legs--they're called gaiters and are used to close up the bottoms of the pant legs over the tops of boots, covering from ankle to mid shin or below the knee. I found two different versions on military surplus sites.

As you've probably found, your biggest investment will probably be your helmet. I have two Rubies Jango helmets. I'm modifying one now because it's too small for my melon--it might fit you well. But they cost $60ish. Watch those ones on ebay. A few others have made helmets out of all sorts of stuff, including cardboard. It can be done. For the helmet, though, I would consider saving up or asking for the money or a helmet you like for a gift. You can certainly make your own--we call them scratch-built here--but they take some work.

Sounds like you pretty much summed up everything I need to know about armor. Thanks, man!
I was thinking of taking *SIGH* shower curtain material, and then just let it act as a kama, except that it will be in two strips, on the outside of my legs...maybe even stretching to cover parts of the front and back.
And when I say 'hey dad, I wanna get this star wars helmet off amazon' he says 'Wait 'til tomorrow, then give me your answer'. He thinks that I'm not sure if I want it or not, when I've practically spent the last SIX HOURS thinking over it...

Your dad sounds like mine!!! :)

Some of the eBay ones are ok, but beware of scams!!!

Also, to do armor for FREE, Google sign shops in (your city here) And find one close to your house. Go in and explain, what you are doing, and why, and they should give you some scrap sintra, then cut it out using the templates, and pop it in the oven on 250 for a minute or 2 and form it to your body. :) Hope that helped.

I'm still hopping to lend you a hand vod. As you know I am also making my armor. I am actually doing it out of cardboard. So if you want take a look at my thread on the second page to see what's going on. Also in your area there can be some Mandalorian Mercs who can help you out. It would be good to attend an armor party and get some information before you begin. Mostly you can make armor out of anything; including *clears throat* a cereal box.

But hopefully everything will work out well when you make the armor.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back