Mandalorian helmet/armor in progress.

Relax. Work with what you can. Hopefully you didn't spend a lot on the helmet. Concentrate on what you can tick off the list, and go slow. Without a fair amount of money, this takes time and patience. What _can_ you work on right now?

Yeah I am a member of the Mando Mercs as well. Not an official member but I'm working on my cardboard version of mandalorian armor. My armor will be updated as time goes on. Including that whole armor below the waist deal. I'll have to work with that since I am not having a cod peace but possibly some knee pads.

Is it really paper-thin, though?
It seems to me like the makers of the helmet are out to get sued...
It could melt right into your hair, if you're out in the sun for too long...

What are the ways, and how cheap?
My dad does NOT approve of using body car filler....car body filler, whatever.
Thinks that I'm going to get some kind of disease if I put it on my body too much.
So, naturally, I don't know how to fix it up.

Oh yes, and commander720?
Can you REALLY join the mercs in cardboard armor?!
In that case, I may sign up, just for the fun of it....as my dad probably never will take me to ANY kind of convention other than the ones my mom goes to.
Knit-cons.
Bunny-wool-cons.
EUCH.

chest plates are done!
I'll be posting pics as soon as my dad teaches me how!
Wait, can you post them by copying, then pasting? Or is it harder than that?

From what I can tell you; you can't join the mercs in cardboard armor unless you have it coated in some type of resin or fiberglass. I am going to be sticking cereal box's to the top of my armor to add to the smoothness and then paint over it.

Post after this one...
How do you fiberglass something? According to my dad, fiberglass is basically transparent plastic.
So how do you fiberglass something with fiberglass?

I just wanted to say 1) I'm excited to see your armor and 2) I love that stormtrooper joke! You got that from "Invincible" didn't you? :D

No...
I read a nazi joke a while ago...
If that helps :D.
Post after this one :(...
Y'know what?
If I don't have the pics by 7 tonight (my time) I'll sue myself :D!

Looking forward to it ner vod........ the pictures not the whip.......... but if the light whip actually gets warmed up..... ILL BE iNTERESTED :lol:

Joking :lol: cant wait to see the pictures :D

RIghto...
I probably will have the pics in soon.
That will be my cardboard armor...
Going to home depot soonly, so I'm going to get some thin-ish plastic that I can cut with a knife or scissors.
I will be needing help with the sculpting of plastic...So you boil it, then put it in cold water?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back