New girl from Canada; working on a chick-Fett

stormtrooperguy: yes; odd that!

I'm going to start a progress thread over in the appropriate section (Boba Costume I think), so I'll discuss plans for armour and whatnot over there!

Lisa: didn't mean that there isn't great femme armour out there, just that a screen-accurate boba just wouldn't fit the average woman that well. There are some great designs here that suit women and I'll be poaching a lot of your ideas, I'm sure! :)

There are more than one woman here making regular mandos, the male versions without boobs. And they fit if you make it fit. ;)

Good luck on your femme Fett, I think it looks cool for a femme. :)

There are more than one woman here making regular mandos, the male versions without boobs. And they fit if you make it fit. ;)

Totally agree. Mirax does Jango and it looks really good! And Soccermom does a mean Boba. I have seen a few girls on here in the past who make better Boba's than the boys!

I think the fem "boob armor" can work, but often times it is done in such grossly ridiculous proportions that it just looks silly... for me this goes all the way back to the fem-stormtrooper. A woman can easily fit into a regular trooper chestplate and still make the costume look feminine without adding ridiculous softballs on the front of the armor. Subtle is always better!

Sorry I totally missed this thread. Glad I found it but it seems Art has already been filling in :) Definitely cracks me up that our boys are so eager to help but I know you guys will have some great ideas. Art had already been working on getting me some "me" sized pouches. The upper body parts are really the most concerning. It's all about trying to make it look right and when you are trying to turn an idealized sculpture of a woman into reality, sometimes it doesn't translate exactly right. The same thing goes for turning a comic character into reality. The proportions are often exaggerated to make things look better- and not just talking chest size being exaggerated. Getting things to sit and move and work right on a living breathing person can definitely be a big challenge. It was one of the difficulties I had in doing my Electra and basing it off Greg Horn's artwork.

yeah... i'll be making things not quite according to the sculpture; the idea is to have a female boba that'll be fun and not too clunky to wear. It's definitely not going to have anything to do with screen accuracy, but I will take care painting the bucket and doing my best to make it obviously boba-y in general.

Well I cant believe I didn't see this earlier... I think making the sculpture come to life is a cool idea, sure it's not practical, but you can do practical later, I say go for it, I'll be watching.

Welcome to TDH! Good luck with your boba style femme mando!
I'm helping my wife with her femme mando but our mandos are
for the most part a bunch of bits in boxes and sheet styrene.
80 hour weeks..... GUH?! I have enough trouble finding hobby time
on my heavy weeks (60ish hours). Anyhoo... welcome, and can't
wait to see your progress.
Mike

thanks! it's really coming along. really just have the top to sew, and the jetpack to surface/sand/paint. None of it is perfect, but it's a good budget approximation of a chic boba! I'll post some pics in my WIP thread soon.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back