Kid Girth Belt or blaster holster

Several of the local Tack & western wear shops I've hit sell whips. Since its bolo cord, perhaps you can consider using those for a kids girth belt, with the proper staining. For the holster, the same sell girth belts for horses when cut up may easily provide you the material for a holster. I would think this would be a cheap way to go unless someone on here has leftover bolo cord.

is bolo cord the twine looking thing for the girth belt...i have a leather shop here in Nor Cal...think I should go there? should I or can I buy leather material for the holster...what template can I use?

Fella, this may be the blind leading the blind but yes the bolo is the interwoven cord used for the girth belt. It seems a dark brown is the standard color and if I cant make a score over here, i think I'll revisit some of those Tack shops. Those whips were in the range of 6mm and they sell leather by the sheet for saddle gear but you have to stain it. In that, I'm afraid I wouldnt be able to match the color. I'm quite certain there are other with more experience to weigh in on this as well as a template. I'm not sure who makes what around here as I'm in the learning curve!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back