RF LED KITS - Thanks!

Bobo,

For the extra $5 . . . put me down for the 2 reds and 1 blue! :)

Looks sweet buddy!

Jer

Last edited by a moderator:
Si- The MLC lower rangefinder is opaque, not crystal clear. I'm thinking the light would be more diffused...

It should work out okay...

:)

I'm going to give it a try anyhow!!

:lol:

Bobo, I'm in for the "deluxe" version...

:)

take care all,

-Rex

OK, help me out here folks. I know about the 2 red LED's on top of the RF that blink in sequence. But is there supposed to be another LED on the bottom of the RF?

What's up with the blue LED to create the RF "screen"? What the heck did I miss here? Is this part of the movie costume?

Lol!! :D :D

No no, you didnt' miss anything dude! It's just an extra thing that people *might* want. Webchief started this, and it's just a little light that would shine "in your eye" (if you have a cut out RF screen) and would imitate a tiny monitor!

Bobo

Hammerhead wrote:

OK, help me out here folks. I know about the 2 red LED's on top of the RF that blink in sequence. But is there supposed to be another LED on the bottom of the RF?

What's up with the blue LED to create the RF "screen"? What the heck did I miss here? Is this part of the movie costume?

I know about someone who makes custom RF antennas for DP Helmets, and I know he does cuts out the RF "screen" part on the bottom, and replaced by a piece of what I believe of the plexiglass cover they use for fluorescent lights in the offices or anywhere with a fluorescent lamp (the criss-crossed shade/panel that goes there). This creates a real looking screen with an LED behind it. Believe me, I have one of those. Sounds like a good idea for anyone who's gonna try to do this experiment.

That LED is like an extra thing that everyone likes, but I believe that I've seen something in the ESB scene when Boba is after the Millenium Falcon, and looks more clear than the two LED's on top.

Robert

Alright, put me down for two of these puppies! Both DELUXE, one with blue and the other with green.:D

Hmmm, not sure about a noise to go with the light. If there was a noise my choice would be a ping in sequence with one of the LED's. I'd have to hear it first, though

I seem to recall mention of a pinging to go with the LED flash in ESB (Slave 1 tracking the M Falcon), but have not watched the film since reading/hearing that. Don't even know if I did, now I come to think! :facepalm

Jury's out on that one I think, for me anyways. I guess if it was in the circuit and I didn't like it I could always disconnect it, right?

regarding the batteries, funnily enough I had a thought just this morning which some may like and some may loath. I'm going to modify the unit slightly to have the battery completely seperate from the PCB, connected by long wires. reason for this? you can run the wires down the RF stalk into the bucket, add a small on/off switch in the circuit (so the circuit doesn't accidently operate whilst it's in storage/transit and flatten the battery). Not only this, but it would make changing the battery easier if it was in the bucket, rather than ripping the RF to bits every time it needed doing. Just a thought. Easy for me to sit at work and type this rubbish, but I know it's another thing for Bobo to spend an extra hour or so doing further R&D on it and extra time building it. It's a mod I'll most likely do when I get mine, anyways.

Si

Han Hunter...
Yeah the pinging sound is heard in the Slave 1 scene apparently, but I haven't loked back at it either yet. Does someone have an audio clip of this so I could hear it??

And in regards to the wires running down the stalk....tell me what you want, and I'll gladly mod it for you! :D

I mean, if you want a regular 9V battery in your helmet with wires running down the stalk, please let me know and I'll attatch a 9V battery connector to the circuit with long wires for you!

I guess everyone should let me know what they'd prefer for the battery setup: totally enclosed? or regular 9V battery setup with long wires? Just PM me with your preferece!

Bobo

Yeah, about 18" of wires to a 9v connector would be cool. Leave the connector off, though, as I'll have to feed the wire down the RF stalk first. a submicro push on push off, or toggle switch would be cool, too, but don't get hung up on it if you don't have the time. That's basic stuff I can do when it gets here.

These mods (for me) will just be on the deluxe. The basic set I'll leave as is, because they'll be going in a dp97 hollow RF and I'll want it all enclosed up there. The deluxe will be going in my FG bucket, due to arrive soon.

Bespoke electronic components. How coool is this!

Cheers Bobo!

Si

Bobo, one thing that I don't believe you have stated in your first post is what type of payment you will be accepting.

For me, Paypal works best, but others may have various preferences of what works for them.

Yessir, I didn't mention anything yet... *smacks himself* :p
I accept PayPal no problems!

But if you wanna send me MO, thats cool too! :D

Hammer, what set would you like?

Cheers,
Bobo

Well, I definitely want a set. I'm going to have to go back and review that scene in Slave 1 on ESB this weekend to see if I want an LED on the underside of the RF. I'm still grappling with whether I want one there or not, and my decision will probably be based on what I can see from the movie.

Oh, regarding the buzzer thing--I don't know that I care to have a "buzzer" per se. The "pinging" sound from the aforementioned ESB Slave 1 scene might be neat, but I'm still not convince that that was a Fett sound, and not a Slave 1 cockpit sound. Replicating the "pinging" sound on your assembly might be hard to do in such a small volume of space, however. :(

Yeah good idea Hammerhead. Although I don't think there's any sign that a light actually shone through the RF screen, it's up to you if you want it. I mean, if you want to be movie accurate, I won't include the blue LED, but if you want something extra, the blue is for you! :)

Bobo

If you can get the buzzer or 'ping' sound to go off when they flash I think that would be cool! I wouldn't know if it's accurate or not but I think the 'wow' factor would be high! :D(y)

Here's the example of my helmet with the green LEDs installed in it behind a small green tinted lens. I've got two blinking red LEDs on the top as well all set up with the mercury switch. I've had this for over a year now. Works great! Its all internal to the rangefinder top too.

green_lights.jpg

And here's the blinking in a very bad picture (sorry).

blinking.jpg

Dose anyone know if this light setup will work with a MHK stalk?? I have my helmet back home and I wont see it till July to know if the stalk is hollow or not. Can anyone with a MHK answer this?? Thanks.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back