Good colors for weathering?? Can anyone help??

Okay. So I am totally new at the business of Boba Fett costuming, but I'm trying. I recently sold my 501st Vader costume that took me two years to make and now I trying to do Fett by early October. The stuff on this site blows my mind. I now realize this is a much more difficult task than Vader.

Can anyone help me by suggestion specific paint colors to be used for weathering jumpsuit, boots, gauntlet missile and flame emitter, and knee armor. I'm guessing black is typical. What finish: flat, gloss, semi? What other colors are popular and where. Any brand better than another?

Below is a picture of the Vader I made just for kicks. In costume I was 6' 6" (helmet and boots adds 3 inches), so it was a better fit than Boba Fett for my size, but Fett is too freakin cool. Thanks for helping.

Vader Carson_2.jpg

DSC02054_2.JPG

Vader Family.jpg

Always use Flats!! My 2 favorite weathering colors for just about everything are Floquil grimey black, and Floquil weathered black. They have a different look than just plain old black.

Always use Flats!! My 2 favorite weathering colors for just about everything are Floquil grimey black, and Floquil weathered black. They have a different look than just plain old black.
I'll have to try out that Floquil Weathered Black some time! I use Floquil Grimey Black on just about any project that needs weathering.

Astro, I know what your talking about...I did an ESB Vader and now working on a ESB Fett...so much more to do on Fett and Vader and I thought he was a tough one. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back