What book are you currently reading?

Work related vs. non-work related:D

Book1.jpgBook2.jpg

might as well offer an update to what i'm reading, since i didn't get through dune (i've read it before). i'm about 200 pages from the end of storm of swords, and i'd like to be well under way with feast of crows before the second season is finished on HBO.

In the middle of two series right now. Waiting for the final installation of Stephen R Donaldson's The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I think it is titled The Lasting Darkness. I had read the first two trilogies of Thomas Covenant when I was in high school.

The other series I am working on is Jack Whyte's Camulod Chronicles. I resently finished The Fort at River's Bend. This series melds Authurian legends with historical knowledge of the fifth century.

I have also received a copy of The City of Pearl by Karen Traviss. I thought I would give someof her other work a try since I enjoyed her Star Wars contributions.

A great series i just read was
LAST OF THE JEDI
Last-of-the-Jedi.jpg

I'll second that! I read it a few months ago. AWESOME series!
Halfway through Red Harvest at the moment. Been stuck at the halfway point for about a month...
Deathtroopers (The first of the 2) i couldn't put down and read in 2 sittings.
I was so excited to read Red Harvest after how awesome Deathtroopers was...
After a 4 weeks wait for it to arrive from the UK i was so excited to get it open and start reading that i actually tore the cover getting it out of the parcel lol.
But yeah... Currently reading Red Harvest and not too impressed by it :/

I'm still trying to finished the 3rd Mortal Instruments book, I know the 4th just came out.
I have the Hunger Games waiting to be read. Just finished Heat Wave and Dexter is Delicious.
Really need to read a chapter a day like I was doing before we moved. Plates been pretty full.
Bgo So Deathtroopers is good? I have it in a box in storage right now, might have to put that one into my read list.

I've finally gotten around to start on The Bounty Hunter Wars. Reading "The Mandalorian Armor" at the moment. Also reading book number three in a Norwegian 47-book-series about the Ice People. Yeah, doesn't sound too good in English... So much better in my own language. But that's what it's called anyway. "The Saga of the Ice People". It's about witches and witchcraft and the plague and all of that sh*t that happened in Norway hundreds of years ago. It's really good so far!

I'm still trying to finished the 3rd Mortal Instruments book, I know the 4th just came out.
I have the Hunger Games waiting to be read. Just finished Heat Wave and Dexter is Delicious.
Really need to read a chapter a day like I was doing before we moved. Plates been pretty full.
Bgo So Deathtroopers is good? I have it in a box in storage right now, might have to put that one into my read list.

I absolutely loved it! Found it to be very very well written and engrossing. The storyline flowed really well and the character development was interesting. If you've got it sitting in a box unread, grab it out :)

Thanks Bgo! I guess I'll have to find it amongst the other things to unpack still.
I figured it would be a good read. A crossover of two genres a love. Star Wars and Zombies. =)

Hello all, This is my first post.

I'm an avid read, but don't have as much time as I'd like.

So I listen to audiobooks at work, I get about 7 hours a night of listening time and I love it.

Over the last two months alone I've listened to:

Stephen King - Cell
Stephen King - Mile 81
Stephen King - Carrie
Stephen King - From a Buick 8
Stephen King - The Mist, (a great cast acted horror)

You may of guessed I'm a King fan.

Clive Barker - The Hellbound Heart
Jonathan Maberry - Patient Zero
Jack Ketchum - Hide And Seek

I'm about to start listening to Star Wars audiobooks, the only one I've listened to before was Death Troopers that I really liked.

Red Harvest is next as I heard its the prequel to it.

I then want to start book one and go from there.

I highly recommend the Darth Bane series (Path of destruction, Dynasty of Evil, and Rule of Two). I am not a very big reader, but a local star wars collector told be about them so I downloaded the sample from iTunes and ended up buying all 3 books that night. FYI Darth Bane is a bad @$$.

I am reading "Leadership and Self Deception"

Actually, I read it, reread it, and am going back through highlights. It truly has changed the way I think and act towards my children and employees!

Just read the Han Solo Trilogy this weekend ( Paradise Snare, Hutt Gambit and Rebel Dawn)
Have to say, they are awesome reads, and Boba Fett has some pretty cool cameos in them.
Highly recomend the series.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back