Sidd's first custom Madno build

Sidd

New Hunter
Hello all, I am new here to these forums though I have been building and fabricating stuff for as long as I can remember.

I wanted to show off the humble beginnings of my custom Mando build. Right now all I have is the very rough mock up of the build. The base helmet is a Don Post/Rubies Jango lid I bough years ago and started a build, with cardboard for the rough shapes. That project unfortunately got put on the extreme back burner in favor of my leather Samurai armor build.

For my helmet I was wanting something different than the standard Mando helmet so I have reduced the size of the visor, the vision out of my nose is pretty poor anyway lol. I am also moving the antenna to the back and removing the range finder. I am also toying with the idea of adding a light to the left temple but honeslty I am swaying away from that idea.

Here are a few pics I snapped earlier, please fee free to share any thoughts or ideas.

NOTE the colors will change and I will have a real antenna for the back on the final product.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/snipersidd/Custom Mando build/

I was about to say "Woah dude, luminous orange??" when I realised it was tape :D

You may need to weather that helmet though.

Thinking about it, that orange is very distinctive :)

Thank you for the comments

lol ya the orange was just the roll of Duct tape that had the most on it so i grabbed it lol

as far as colors go its all completely up in the air though I am seriously considering going all shades of gray with no actual color, for a darker grittier feel. though after its built I fully expect it to sit primer gret for quite a while since i care more about the actual build than colors.

There are two things I have not figured out.
1. what to use for the antenna in the back, right now that is just a section from my rifle cleaning kit. I would love to have one of those springy rubber covered antenna like on the old school toy walkie talkies, but I have no idea where I can cannibalize the parts from. it may require some trips to thrift shops I dont know

2. How am I supposed to attach the comms box to the back? I want to keep it hollowed so I can add electronics later if I choose. I am afraid any method I use will be weak and fail.

For my custom antenna I was thinking of usign the antenna form an old computer modem. You know the box that allows you to get internet and have data going from computer to computer? Just have to find an old one at a computer surplus store and find one that is a good length.

I dont really know about the comms box. I have no experience with placing anything like that on my helmet.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back