Pap's bounty hunter

The bucket exterior is almost completed (RF interior is to be done, and rust and carbon dust are to be added).
But I'm not satisfied with the visor, so I'll make another one soon.
The RF antenna is also too thin, I'll find a way to have it thicker.

Do you think I should let the torchlight unpainted or I should paint Red or Copper ?

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Some news on this project:

The helmet is almost finished (Adonian, I followed your advice and the torch is now red and copper). I finally found "carré crayons" for black and rusty dust, so helmet wheatering will be done soon.

I'm working right now on the armor plates. Sintra has been formed, primered, silvered, masked and I'm applying red paint on the torso plates and copper paint on the shoulders.
The codpiece has to be bondoed and the back plate has to be formed.

Once the armor is done, I'll work on the gauntlets and the way to place video material on them. I just received an Infra Red Cam, I bought an Archos video recorder (A320), and of course I still want to place the I-phone on one of the gauntlets !

And once the gauntlets are completed, I'll move on to the legs armor. I just get RC commando leg armor's templates from Skip's. Awesome models, just need time to built them...

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

that's looking really good, the color's really POP. Seeing a red Mando marchin my way would prolly scare me somthin good ;)

After the second red and copper paint layer, it looks REALLY shiny !(and varnish hasn't been applyed yet)
I'm afraid I'll have to be generous on carbon dust and rust unless the costume might end looking like a droid more than a Mando...

Front armor pieces are painted.
I just bondoed the codpiece, and the back plate has to be curved. I hope those two parts will be painted by the end of the week

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Update:

First step of weathering is done for chest, back and cod piece. Still need to add rust and carbon dust.
I hope I can finish the vest tonight so I can attach all the upper armor pieces on it.

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

I just finished to attach the armor pieces to the vest (chicago screw method), but I'm very unsatified with the result !
It's not obvious on the picture, but the armor looks very flat. So I'll try to recurve the chest plates and the ab plate. Hope it won't ruin the painting...

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back