Pap's bounty hunter

papyplouf

New Hunter
(EDIT: WIP Pictures HERE)

Hi guys,
It's been weeks since I started gathering ideas and material for my first bounty hunter costume (thanks to TDH, of course !). Now that I have almost everything (or at least I know where to get stuff i'll need), I'm about to start the costume.

The overall design is defined:

Bucket will be a heavily modified Hasbro voice Changer clone Wars helmet
Body armor will be Jango's (from the Wizardofflight templates)
Right gauntlet will be Boba's
Left gauntlet will be inspired from the bounty hunter on video game SWTOR. It may include a walkie talkie and/or and I-phone.
Leg armor is to be designed. It may be based on stormtrooper or animated clone trooper armor, but modified to look heaviyer.
I just know that I want it to cover the entire leg and that I'll try to make it out of 100mm PVC pipes.

The armor will be blue (Rex blue) with a white vertical stripe.
Flightsuit and vest will be black.

The costume is to be used on LARP events, so it has to be comfortable and wearable for looooong sessions.

So the first step is doing the Bucket. I want it to be a mix between Clone, Republic Commando and Boba helmet. Here's what I'm to do with it:
-Get rid of the electronic parts (I'll try to include the voice changer later)
-Get rid of the dorsal
-Enlarge the visor base to 4 or 5cm to make it more mando-ish
-Reduce the triangle in front of the mouth (like a RC helmet)
-Get rid of the left earcap and put a round one instead
-Include a torch (left) and a rangerfinder (right)
-Include one or more CPU fans
-add scratches and dents.

I plan to work on the helmet by the end of the week, so I'm open to any critisism or advice till then.

Since I got a 5 year old kid drawing hability, I won't try to draw this costume, but if a motivated designer wants to make a quick design of it, he'll have all my gratitude !

Paps

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be interested to see this done, I too am working on an iPhone gauntlet (iGaunt :D) One thing i would say, Its probably worth getting something designed to hold the iPhone (the sort of thing you would use in a car) and work off that. I found it incredibly hard to make it secure, keep it streamlined and use the thing without the fear of it sliding around.

welcome friend

:lol: That is such a cool idea (I want to see some updates on that B-D!!!)

Papyplouf- have you tried mandomaker for a color scheme? It's really a great tool.

And I want to see this helmet!!! By the way you described it, it sounds like it's gonna be awsome!!! (y)

:cheers
A'den

Merci, monsieur Saz !:D
Boba-debt, it's your I-gaunt project that inspired me for the gauntlet(y)

A'den, thanks for the Mandomaker idea. so here's my approximate color scheme. I tried to modify the bucket on the picture...

mandomaker.JPG

Been quite busy on some medieval armor and real life duties, but I finally got back to the bucket.
There is still a lot of work to do on it.
-I found a little torch that could fit beneath the left ear, but I don't know where to place a switch for this torch (it has to be hidden but has to be manipulated when wearing gloves).
-The visor is to be replaced.
-Unfortunately I couldn't find bondo glass equivalent, so the bucket will need to be reinforced with fiberglass from the inside (the hasbro helmet is way to flexible and my bondo migth crackle...)
-Electronic parts (fans, leds, microphone for the Walkie-Talkie and maybe a speaker) will be included once the bucket is reinforced.

And now I understand that sanding can be a neverending task !

IMG_5017.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

Just want to give you a quick heads up, if you are aiming to try get into the mando mercs with your gear, then you will need to heavily modify your clone trooper helmet. If not, nice one :)

Nope, I just intend to wear the costume on LARP events.
The rest of the armor will be mostly based on Jango's, so I'll just need to build a "classical mando" helmet if I choose to get closer to a mando community

Little update

Visor was taken out and another one was built.
Interior has been reinforced with fiberglass
Two respirators added
More and more sanding
Primer applied (one layer so far)

I expect to apply the first metal layer this week-end.

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

I changed my mind for colors.
Initial blue/white pattern will now become a Red/copper pattern.
Hope I'll be able to find some copper spray can where I already bought my primer and metal undercoat paint...

What do you think about this new pattern ?

red_bucket.JPG

A'den, blue might be the color of the jumpsuit. I already have one but its blue is not as dark as the background one, so I may dye it. I'll ajust the color once the armor is complete...

I get the paint cans and I'm in the middle of the painting process.
Copper color should be applied by the end of the week-end.

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

Hey Papy, welcome aboard, sorry I didn't see this earlier... I have an idea also for your iGaunt... Maybe just get an iClone and permenantly mount it, but leave a way to charge it.
you wont feel so bad if you break it, and you can use a prepaid setup instead of your real carrier.
I was thinking of doing that too. I have an H8 touch screen chinese phone I was going to use.
Sorry I dont real pics of my phone right now, I cant find my REAL iPhone to take pic's with... Not good. I gotta go searching for it.

ciphone red.jpg

h8.jpg

Thanks for the compliments !
Adonian, chinese PDA is definitly a good idea. If I can't find an easy way for a removable IPhone craddle, I'll get a cheap device that won't be removed from the gauntlet...

The paint part is quite finished. I still need to carbon dust the helmet and apply another varnish layer.
I'm having trouble finding a decent tainted visor (motorcycle visors don't seem to be that common where I live, and windows tainting films do not come in exciting colors...). Think I'll make my own plexiglas visor and find later a way to taint it. Can plexiglas be thermoformed ?

Do you think I should paint the torchlight or leave it black ? Maybe some battle scares ?

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

well window film does come it colors, I got blue mirror from fleabay. The same guy has red green blue gold silver and rainbow.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back