Thinking about buying this for a Boba..thoughts?

corey2314

New Hunter
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/clt/1278880507.html

I've bought from this seller before as I live about 20 minutes away from the seller. The first helmet I bought I used for my custom mando just to get a feel of the painting and everything, and was wondering if this helmet would be acceptable as a proper starting point to make a boba helmet? How well does resin hold up? Just worried about it not being the right size/mold for 501st acceptance.

I know there are better ones out there but the price is too good to not consider, plus I have no complaints about the other helmet that I have.

Well Corey, all the Sgt Fang helmets are slush cast resin. And they are very durable for the most part. If you really have reservations toward it, you can always reinforce it with some fiberglass and resin. You can pick up a kit at walmart to do it. As an MS1 it really isnt bad, its not super accurate, but its better than alot of other buckets like the DP or Rubies by far. His craftsmanship was very superb! and for that Price...its alot better than what they usually went for.

those cheek corners are saying to me that's a recast old style sgt fang helmet, molded with the ears attached. it's kind of suspicious to me. but i may be completely wrong.

corey - ask the seller to the origins of the lid
if he says it was a summer project with his son, and he decided to casts some lids - its that recasting scum.

if u are looking to only spend abt $70 - I am sure Bradley Fett still does ABS vac formed kits for abt that price. otherwise - next up would be a Fang original

THat really doesn't look like a slush Sgt. Fang to me. It appears to be shiny gel coat with a FG laminated interior. The "sculpt" for lack of a better term appears to be MS (by the looks of the RF ear pad). I'd say it is likely that the helmet pictured really is an MS1. Wether or not he's actually selling what is pictured is a different story. If he says it's resin, the pic may have only been representational :rolleyes

My 2 cents

FP

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back