WWC 2009, Droid Hunt Art preview

The Clone Emperor

Active Hunter
I thought my Bounty Hunting Friends of TDH might appreciate this effort;
Wizard_World_Droid_Hunt_2009_by_TheCloneEmperor.jpg

C-3PX, IG-88, and HK-47 lend new meaning to the 501st's Droid Hunt.
Illustration by Thomas Spanos, July 2009.

The Droid Hunt is a convention game invented by the 501st Star Wars Imperial Costuming Community; At the start of a given convention, attendees are given Droid Hunt badges to wear. After a set period of tyme, costumed members of the 501st begin the "hunt." Upon locating an attendee with a badge, the costumed Imperial speaks the phrase "How long have you had these droids?" The attendee is then bade to surrender their badge. In exchange for the badge, the attendee is given a raffle ticket. At the end of the convention, raffle ticket holders convene on the 501st fan table to reclaim their badges and vie for a chance to win Star Wars related prizes.

This illustration was conceived as an alternative interpretation of the theme Droid Hunt, (instead of the traditional helpless droids running from Imperials, I have chosen the fiercest droids in the Star Wars Universe. This Droid Hunting party is assembled in homage to Charlie's Angels. The placing of Gold, Silver, and Bronze was fortuitous coincidence.) Free hand pencil illustration, scanned and then coloured digitally in Photoshop CS2.

Be well,
Thomas

WWC08_banner.jpg

(Click on banner to view my Wizard World 2008 costume gallery.)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back