Rogue Studios Helmet done(well almost)

Awesome! Looks very good!

I'm painting my MS helmet too right now. about 40%done..
The red on the mandibles turned out too bright. i have to tone it down.

Curious. What colours did you use for the scratches? Acrylics?

Again, awesome work! Very inspiring:)
-Mikael

:D
I can't wait to see this in the flesh. It's ALL mine.
Woooooooo Hooooooooooo!

Looks like the big silver scratch that goes around the end of the T-visor on the left needs some more detail though Lee. Have you still got to add all the little blobs of red / grey?

Chris.

So many questions..... What's it like to walk on water? Can you really cure a leper? What freaking colors are those?

Awesome! I shouldn't be crying at work but it is a thing of beauty..... I gotta go, my coworkers might catch on.

Geoff:cry;)

INCREDIBLE!!! I actually like your helmet better than
the one from the movie. LFL needs you in their prop dept!

Amazing work!

darksidedesign

Thank for the compliments everyone I must say I am very humbled by all of your kind words and praises. It must look good if I got the SEEKER helmet smiley face post LOL.

Hey Chris King drop me an email at home tonight and fill me in I have been meaning to add that stupid scratch above the brow since I started and I keep forgetting haha. And I hid my signature in the scratches again.

Micke:Curious. What colours did you use for the scratches? Acrylics?
A:I had more success with acrylics but I did intermix the scratches were actually enamels on this one.

Just try not to be too neat with your helmet paint as much as you can and while you're working on it it'll pick up scratches and wear and tear as you go. Also never weather the helmet in one sitting do it a little at the time. Once I have decided for sure on the rest of the colors for the suit etc. I'll post them just don't want to hand out the wrong color and everyone paints up the helmet and it's wrong. If anyone needs any help please contact me and I'll do my best.

Lee

Great job Lee! I've been slowly working on an ESB helmet (Sarge's) as well using the same topical style which is a first for me. I'm using your panzer green as well (thanks). The blue/green on the back and the visor red I custom mixed. I have to say, painting topically looks awesome from far away, but I don't think it looks as good close up as when I masked off the damage. Close up, it's easy to tell the damage is painted on, even after I take a scotch brite pad to it. Is this the case for anyone else?

WOOOOOWWW!

Hol-lee sheepsheet!!! Myohmy Lee, that is freaking' incredible!! Damn, you did some incredible work!

(y)

You've set an awfully high standard my friend, awfully high!

:)

I don't know if I can make a helmet paint job as magnificent as that, I may just settle for " a darn nice one" instead!!

:lol:

Seriously, Lee that is one of the finest, if not the most accurate ESB paint jobs I've ever seen.

Bravo!

take care,

-Rex

Well,

I haven't been around in a while. Now I come back and find this. All I can say is . . . . amazing.

Robert

To be honest when I was hired there I was told if I stole anything I would be fired so I grabbed the best thing I could heck it was worth it LOL. ;).

Lee

Jaster Mereel wrote:

:lol:, you should've grabed the whole suit! :evil

Who's to say he didn't. It is missing, after all.

I shall be suspicious if Lee starts to turn out very accurate soft parts and armour now. ;)

Si

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back