The Prop Palace jumpsuit

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
I've contacted RA twice for a price quote and they have never returned my email with a response. The first time was a month ago and the second time was about 2 weeks ago. I'm kinda p-ssed about it and I don't think it is very professional at all. Maybe I'm emailing the wrong guy with my questions since they give you 3, I think it's 3, email addresses. Oh well, maybe he has his reasons but I wish I'd hear from him. Especially since I'm willing to sepnd money, or at least I was before.

I'm not sure what's the status on RA, but I've heard that a lot of Fett builders are really busy on the Star Wars Weekends in Disney, and I'm not counting on Conventions, which they have to travel and they get really busy.

Probably you're sending the email to a wrong email address. Trust me, RA is really responsible in replying emails and he's really professional. Probably there's something wrong with your email host, which I suggest to check all your email, cause if you have a lot of email (specially junk email) accumulated, that's for sure that you won't get anything from him or anyone else. Besides, I'm about to contact him to order a vest, and I'm in the timeline to complete my costume.

Bottom line is, "just be patient, my young apprentice!"

Robert

I just received my Prop Palace jumpsuit and vest - here's my review of the jumpsuit...
Pros:
- it's gray
- good proportions
- nice details (3 stitching rows on sleeve)
- spats and belt pouches are included
- fits great

Cons:
- shin pockets don't fit my tools, I just need to redo the stitch
- spats are too loose (I just added a second piece of velcro and it's fine)
- gray could be lighter
- everything's one color
(spats should be lighter, I think pouches should be tan)

I really like the suit. It fits great and the cons listed above can easily be fixed with some color remover and thread.

http://www.tk409.com/images/fett/jumpsuit/2.jpg
http://www.tk409.com/images/fett/jumpsuit/3.jpg
http://www.tk409.com/images/fett/jumpsuit/4.jpg
http://www.tk409.com/images/fett/jumpsuit/5.jpg

1.jpg

It looks really amazing! I like the review, but I have a few questions for you...

1. <LI>Are the spats separate from the jsuit (like RA's)?
    <LI>Do you think that the suit is made of a material that you think it could be bleached or lightened with the sunlight?
    <LI>Is the suit cool, i mean, is it made of a cooler material than the really thick coveralls (cotton twill,like the one I have)?

Robert

They have definatley improved their pattern over the past two years. The pocket flaps could be a little straighter, and they still continue to use Katarra's incorrect three-pleat belly, but other than that, it looks pretty good. If anybody is interested, I will be putting my PP jumpsuit in The Cargo Hold in a few days. I sent them my fabric, so the color (RotJ) is lighter.

Spats are separate. I tried bleaching the spats with no luck - I soaked them for an hour, and hung in the sun - no color change. I'll use spray paint. The jumpsuit would work for a good garage mechanic suit - it's durable. I washed mine and it's softer now - but still durable. I think they are a cotton-poly blend - but not sure. I'll check with Mrs. TK409 :)

The pocket flaps look good in person - the photo perspective is making them look a little off.

Well I am glad people are happy with thier suits from prop palace since I ordered one and it shipped out yesterday and should be here soon. I ordered the blue suit for pre-pro, I asked about getting different color pouches and he said it was no problem so as far as I know I am getting tan pouches.

I just got my suit from PP, needless to say I am a little less than pleased with it. I ordered the blue one since I am going pre-pro. The blue he uses is a baby blue color and is hidious, I am attempting to dye it to the proper denium blue color it should be. Also, and this is just a mistake, but he forgot to send me ankle spats. I am not really thrilled with the size of it either it was made to fit me but it fits really tight, like when i cross my arms is feels like I am going to tear the thing in peices. The shin tool pockets have to be redone, not a big deal but still a hassle. It does have some good things about it, the material is quite nice and is pretty thick so I am not worried about it coming appart after a day of long use. The design is pretty good too. I would say if you really want one go for the grey as people are saying it is a good color but be prepared to do some work if you want it to look accurate.

You definitely have to give him your measurements PLUS a couple inches extra. You can't give exact body measurements because it will be too tight. You might get a pair of your pants and a shirt that fits well and measure those.

I'll second that. I would add no less than 4 inches to each measurement, except for lengths. For example, if you have 15 inch biceps (flexed), then tell them to make them 18, 19, or 20 inches. Also, measure your inseam, don't go by your regular pants size as there is close to a two inch difference. I made that mistake with them two years ago and ended up with a suit as tight as a stormtrooper bodysuit. They were cool about it and sent me another one although I had to pay for the shipping to return it.

TK-409 did you jumpsuit come with that neck closure? Mine didn't. And it is really tight, when I go to cross my arms it feels like I am going to rip it. Also does it have some thing around the feet or ankles to hold it into your shoes ? If so mine also didn't.

Predatormv wrote:

TK-409 did you jumpsuit come with that neck closure?... Also does it have some thing around the feet or ankles to hold it into your shoes ?...

Yes, mine had the neck closure and elastic stirrups for the feet. Obviously yours is unwearable. The size issue can be resolved by contacting ThePropPalace at jp714@jetlink.com.ph and ask for an exchange.

Yea I just sent him an e-mail asking why mine didn't have the neck thing and the stirups. Citing that yours did also I mentioned the size problem. I want to see what he says. Hopefully he will fix the problem.

Yes I just talked to Prop Palace about replacing mine, he said that the tailiers just sent me one they alreday had made thinking it would fit. I am going to send mine back and he is going to remake me one.

Ok, two questions:

1- What is the price for what TK-409 got, the shirt, outer"shirt" neck piece, elastic in the legs, and ankle spats?

2- does their grey appear to be the correct grey for ROTJ color scheme?

also...a link, anyone?

Darren

Well what he got and what I got are the same, they just made some mistakes with mine that they are fixing. They cost $113 shipped to the US. They come in two colors that dark grey that he got and the baby blue that I got. Their website (mods I hope I can post this if not edit it out) is www.theproppalace.com then just go to the page labled bountyhunters.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back