Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Just thought you guys might like to know that the Snake Eyes Gloves from the GI Joe movie appear to be Under Armour Clean Up II Adult Batting gloves with the logos removed and the "under armor" name blacked out.

Snake_Eyes_Gloves.jpg

Also, Snake Eyes' boots are Oakley SI Assault boots, the same boots used by John Connor in Terminator Salvation.

Snake_Eyes_Boots.jpg

woow Art...thanks for sharing

but Art, i've snake eyes picture with different gloves (see attachment), but i don't remember where did i get that pic..

gijoe_snake_eyes_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Base of a lot pictures and poster i had, the gloves of Snake eyes are like Assault Tactical Flight, you can find them on ebay very cheap. I don't know why they put another kind of gloves on San Diego Comic con Mannequi, but i saw the rest of the costume and looks greats, but i still looking for more pictures of the sword section, the leather part and the belt.
I will apreciate any help.

I will have a ton of pics up on Tuesday for you. Interesting about the glove change. I have no explanation for it. Maybe these are stunts or maybe last min pieces for the manneqinn. From what I can see the other parts appear to be correct.

It is a Oakley SI Boot, not doubt.
Thanks Art Andrews for the photos, i will wait on tuesday. I had some photos from other members too, they are on SDCC 2009 right now. But i still looking for some little details. I hope with your photos i find the answer.
The rest of the costume (except the gloves) on the mannequi is original.
I will post some photos of my leather work, and the original knives, I have one real and one Dummy.

Very close photos of The belt, all the pockets, how is in the back area on the belt, the sword section in the back. With the photos i try to find know it is velcro or snap bottons they using to hold the items ..thoses hard detail i'm looking for.

You know like Boba or Jango cd reference type.
Here some photos of my items that i have.
In the sword belt some section i did leather single loop lacing, it takes too much time to do it. But in other section like the original (i almost sure for the photos) i did the leather double lacing and that take almost double time than the single one. that's why i combined both style. They look alike.
Here is my both knives, you can find on ebay.

P7260382.JPG

P7260383.JPG

P7170377.JPG

xsnakki.JPG

I have about 150 pics of each character, Snake Eyes and Stormshadow. We did take a few with a ruler and even took out Stormshadow's pistol... which is when they started hollering at us and ran us off. It is killing me that I am not able to upload them until tomorrow night!!!

Some of the pics turned out great, some not so great, but I would guess I probably got the most complete set out there. Hopefully it will be helpful to anyone wanting to make the Snake Eyes or Stormshadow costumes. We are driving back tomorrow but as soon as I get home I have to turn around and head up to Vegas, so I may not be able to upload the pics until very late tomorrow night.

Yes it is a lot lacing 99centtaco, average calculation is around over 40 feet of lacing of all the Snake Eyes items , including pockets, gun holster ect......
When i do the double leather lacing, one feet long, it takes me about two hours to do it, depend how happy i'm in that moment :wacko, multiply by "40" , yes "80 hours" of lacing on you free time because i'm busy father , student and worker, on the firts two hours you start hate the needle and the leather:angry. But the result is pretty.
I just counting the hours of leather lacing, not the time of cutting all the leather parts, stiching holes made by CHISEL and a hammer, (make sure the holes are on the straight line), glue, velcro ect.........
But i almost done, except for some details, the belt, and pockets. But for the premier of the movie i will use a black military belt with nylon pockets, they look ok, in that way when i have extra time i will make the rest of the leather parts.
I have been working on this costume on researh and hand on by seven months now.:wacko
"What is a victory without a sacrifice?"

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back