Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie

Seriously?? His pants aren't dressed into the boots? Tacky. ;)

Probably easier to do kicks that way. ;)

I heard the Snake-Eyes body itself at SDCC was a mannequin, and not the actual "Batman" top and mask, with the accessories being real attached to it. Wonder why they sculpted up a whole new mannequin instead of just using the actual costume parts.

Andy, I'm glad you said that, because I was looking at the pictures going....wow...there are like NO break seams at all for applying that on to Ray.

I've been toying with the idea of sculpting it for a Con next year...but just had no idea as to wear to break everything up.

and for the shoes...is the sole looked way too thick for Oakley SI Assault boots? :confused

They added thicker soles to make him look taller but those are with out a doubt the SI assualt boot. But now the real question is are they the Assault Shoe, 6 inch boot or 8 inch boot.

They are comfortable I can say that much, I wear SI assault shoes are very comfortable. I wear them every day at work (right now infact) and I have the 8" boots for my BDU's

Looking at the stitching at the bottom of the boot how it begins to flatten out quickly and not jetting upward like on the 8"...I believe it to be a 6"

Andy, I'm glad you said that, because I was looking at the pictures going....wow...there are like NO break seams at all for applying that on to Ray.

I've been toying with the idea of sculpting it for a Con next year...but just had no idea as to wear to break everything up.

Well you can see where to make the mask split from the body in Cruzer's pics.

.....and you see the front and back half of the torso "splits" up the side on the actual suit, it was done just like they've done Batman costumes. That center "line" gap going from waist to armpit would actually be the cloth of whatever black shirt was used and the front and back pieces glue to that.

Oh, and as horribly that they've screwed up the backstory of every single character in the new movie, at least they kept Snake-Eyes moving around doing stuff like I'd picture him doing in the comics from my childhood. If you can ignore the extreme amount of CGI happening and just look at Snake-Eyes, here you go. ;) Exclusive French clip here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez...the more I see of this...the more I know its gonna be just horrendous. I still would love to sculpt this though...need to lose some weight though before lifecasting myself for the sculpt.

Brother :eek:, thanks, this is perfect, the photos answered some question, and confirmed some ideas that i had, i will make the rest of my belt and pockets similar as best i can, my sword belt it is not similar but later on i will make a new one, yes for sure it is a double lacing leather type...oh my God!!!!!!:wacko
I have the real knive, and i using it for scale, but i can wait fot the ruler's photos.(y)
Thanks Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jenchuan, i had thoses photos behind the scene, as you can see the gloves are tactical military not like the SDCC Snake Eyes gloves. I believe they loose them or forgot and replace them for other gi joe menber gloves. Or snake gloves of another scene in the movie for another tactical action. They look cool too.

I should have the measurement photos up later today.

In the meantime... here are Storm Shadow's VERY EXPENSIVE designer shoes...

Storm_Shadow_Boots.jpg

This just goes to show that Hollywood has ENTIRELY too much money. I'm pretty sure I could replicate those with some old Nike or Reebok high tops......

"Hey Guys! Let's spend 800 dollars on ONE CHARACTER'S shoes! and throw a little piece of leather on top to hide the laces"

Jenchuan, i had thoses photos behind the scene, as you can see the gloves are tactical military not like the SDCC Snake Eyes gloves. I believe they loose them or forgot and replace them for other gi joe menber gloves. Or snake gloves of another scene in the movie for another tactical action. They look cool too.

Yeah, that could be. The mannequin gloves might be his used at a different point in the film than the typically seen ones shown so far, or maybe even another JOEs gloves they just threw on the mannequin for whatever reason.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back